Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Carnival 2021 alternatives

Is that late September or are they doing another one carnival weekend? Would be closer for me..,
late Sep. Feel like the venue is large enough to keep away from people. Looking forward to it, hope I'm not gonna get scared (covid) nearer at the time.

late Sep. Feel like the venue is large enough to keep away from people. Looking forward to it, hope I'm not gonna get scared (covid) nearer at the time.
It is biggish... although last time I went it was just before lockdown for Jpegmafia and it was extremely rammed, if it sells out at full cappacity it is going to be full. Fold is way smaller though (from what I remember)

It is biggish... although last time I went it was just before lockdown for Jpegmafia and it was extremely rammed, if it sells out at full cappacity it is going to be full. Fold is way smaller though (from what I remember)
Earth is 1500 capacity apparently. Fold feels tiny (500?).
Tricky all this. Dying for a sound system night out, but am still quite wary of stuff, esp as I'm around vulnerable people quite a lot.
Wish there'd be some outdoors things.

Last edited:
Earth is 1500 capacity apparently. Fold feels tiny (500?).
Tricky all this. Dying for a sound system night out, but am still quite wary of stuff, esp as I'm around vulnerable people quite a lot.
Wish there'd be some outdoors things.
the biggest room in earthh is 1200: Venue • EartH (Evolutionary Arts Hackney). I guess it is 1500 in total with all the rooms, but they don't use them all at once. But it is def a much bigger space than fold, and with high ceilings.

I was reading that Aba can’t play his full stack at it’s max due to local license limitations, would you know if that’s true?
It is right on the high street with loads of flats all round so it would not surprise me. The gigs I went to there have not been quiet at all tho... but of course it is a whole different thing. I reckon it will be loud enough though, if they can put a lot of stacks all round the room so you can get near

Ohh on Sunday there is a free sound system thing in Gillett square (dalston), noon till 10pm... guess that is me sorted then
any idea what sound?

eta its this

nice rig!
236029643_579681336745908_6648134732964092344_n.jpg

might go for this! outdoor and free, dalston reachable on the overground

Last edited:
Yes, not sure exactly what time but in the next couple of hours, will drop something here when there once I’ve seen the lay of land

I got there at 4 and it was set up and running, but not loads of people... but it was kicking by the time I left about 8. It was quite grimy, in a dirty car park with a lot of street drinkers in various states of disarray, but good fun and tiny ts set was great

I'm getting cold feet about this.

I'll be at the Bees v Liverpool game that evening, amongst thousands of unmasked people singing etc.
To then go to this seems like I'm putting myself out there for Covid.

Decisions decisions.
if you do go im all up for a pre-dance pint - PM if you fancy it

*re football I tend to outdoor stuff is basically safe

For sure, if I do go I probably won't get up there until at least half 8/9ish. Thankfully you can get the Overground from Gunnersbury / South Acton all the way to Dalston Kingsland.
aye and 24 hour weekend overground goes south to new cross too!! doable
yeah 9 would be the earliest for us i think

Back
Top Bottom