Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

British and Irish Lions

I wouldnt base a judgement that we are going to get stuffed on the basis that Bowe is playing in centre. He played plenty of rugby there last year for the Os and wont let us down. I'd be more worried abouyt the wing playing on the wing(Monye)!

:oops: Didn't get to this before I started posting.

^^^
Word

Oh, and as a last aside, Ugo Monye will have had as many Lions test starts as Shane Williams, and one more than Martyn Williams.

If you don't think that is a fucking farce, then you probably reckon that The Rt. Honourable Twat for somewhereorother's bill for duck waterproofing is a legitimate and wholly justified claim.

*dies inside*

I will remember this always :D

Monye having more test starts than M Williams is a joke, such a shame that he is finally getting a start in what is effectively a 'nothing' match surrounded by what is at best the second string side.

Just looked at the subs' bench. Looks like Croft is out because he can't do the work of a proper six. They need a grafter to do the work that allows the other backrow disappearing act, Heaslip, to be vaguely effective.

BELATED HELLO!

And that now they have recognised that, Martyn has been installed for his first ever test start at seven alongside somebody roughly approximating a proper six.

BELATED FUCKING HELLO!

And now they're compounding that by putting a player with all the dynamism of a fucking sun-hardened cow turd at six rather than the player who they have consistently picked at seven, who has obviously not been able to do the job properly.

I truly hope that the current Wales coaching staff are distanced from this, as I fear the worst. Imbeciles!

Yes, I am pissed.

I will remember this always :D

Monye having more test starts than M Williams is a joke, such a shame that he is finally getting a start in what is effectively a 'nothing' match surrounded by what is at best the second string side.

Ahh, fuggit, I'll double it - just not sure how to actually make the payment.

A pyrrhic victory, though, no?

Ahh, fuggit, I'll double it - just not sure how to actually make the payment.

A pyrrhic victory, though, no?

Your damn right. I'd have much rather lost the bet and been going into this last test at 1-1 with a full quota of players :(

Btw - I do reckon Croft is unlucky to have been completely dropped, ok a 'six' he may not be, but he's a class player who has had a really good tour on the whole

Not at 14, he ain't. The last twat who tried that was Gareth 'Clothears' Jenkins.
Shane has been shafted on this tour, and think as he deserved better. In the warm up games he was either poicked at 11 outside Earles, or when he did get to play outside the test centres he was played at 14. I have a hunch he may well announce retirement from international rugby when he gets back if Gats has had anything to do with this!

Your damn right. I'd have much rather lost the bet and been going into this last test at 1-1 with a full quota of players :(

Btw - I do reckon Croft is unlucky to have been completely dropped, ok a 'six' he may not be, but he's a class player who has had a really good tour on the whole

Croft disappeared completely in the second test along with Heaslip. Poor old Wallace was trying to carry both of them. He relied entirely on the fact that Gethin Jenkins, the freak of nature, is a prop and a blindside rolled into one. As soon as Melon went off, our inadequacies in that area were exposed. Croft is a great player, but he totally unbalanced that backrow. It's a shame that the coaching team have only now realised that fact. Croft's scoring two tries in the first test made him undroppable, I suppose, but he brought fuck all to the table in terms of what a six should be doing in either test.

Williams scores, great work from Heaslip. SJ misses from under the posts. Arse. This is a great game, though. Although Brussow is awesome.

Flutey's showing what the Lions have missed so far this tour. Fluid hands and genuinely good distribution under pressure.

FFS. Philips goes to centre so shit head gets a test cap!!! What an insult to Hooky, they really have treated players like shit on this tour.

Just looked at the subs' bench. Looks like Croft is out because he can't do the work of a proper six. They need a grafter to do the work that allows the other backrow disappearing act, Heaslip, to be vaguely effective.

thats not entirely fair on the man now is it

FFS. Philips goes to centre so shit head gets a test cap!!! What an insult to Hooky, they really have treated players like shit on this tour.
Nah. Size needed in the centres, that was our big problem last week. Not a bad call.

I am loving this. Springboks rattled, throwing silly penalties, lashing out. Could not have scripted it better.

Back
Top Bottom