Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bra thread

Personally I have found MnS bras (over all) to be the most comfortable, supportive and giving a good shape for me.
The ones I have got from Bravissimo, although looking pretty, have rarely been that comfortable or given me the shape I want.
There have been exceptions to both though.

only bras i ever really feel really comfy in are their non wired structural scaffolding. that have straps that show under anyhting other than a polo neck (almost) with full cups and about 4 hooks on the back. wired things are almost inevitably shite on me because my boobs have a natural tendency to migrate into my armpits and get eaten by the wire.

Right, I've not got to a shop, but I've measured under my boobs and across my boobs... how do I work out what size now?

Cake boobs :D

What size did you used to wear? We usually wear too big a back size and too small cup size

People think a D sounds huge, but it dates from a time when bras were only really available in about five or six cup sizes, so to accommodate bigger boobs they used to just up the back size. Now there it goes up to K really fairly commonly, and everything except B and C cup has a double letter cup too, so... (counts on fingers) I make that seventeen cup sizes in each back size needed to accommodate the standard variations of breast size in adult women. There are twelve bigger cup sizes than D (in regular production by companies like panache, curvy kate, affinitas, bravissimo, elomi etc), for women with a 34 back, and although anything over a G is significantly less common, D isn't freakishly large at all.

It sounds huge to me though. I have been an A or B cup for most of my life and have had good fitting bras, so jumping up to a D cup sounds big, not freakishly, but big for me.

One word - Bratabase. Putting all those measurements in takes a bit of time, and the measuring is easier with help.
They take into consideration your frame, shoulder width, height etc so it's much more of an exact science. The bra's they've recommended for 36G me have fitted perfectly.

But that's the problem. You probably haven't been an A or B but the industry is it is has been based on a -c being normal, d is big and dd+ is out of the ordinary. Properly measured a-c is small.

Incidentally Biddlybee for comparison I'm biggish but wouldn't say I'm huge (and am still readjusting post breast feeding). I'm currently comfortably in 34g.

If I wasn't then my bras wouldn't have been comfortable though (in the past).
They could have been comfortable but not the best fit, particularly if not huge. I was comfortable when I used to wear 34c but should have been 34e. I was more comfortable when I changed and it was much more flattering.

bras that almost but don't quite fit don't have to be noticably uncomfortable unless you're carrying a lot of weigfht about on your chest cause you get used to the way boobs feel. but i'd suspect if you have got the wrong size, then you will notice an improvement when you have the right size on. feeling lighter around the chest/shoulders, cause the bra is doing all the work instead of pulling on your shoulders. like I had to look down to remember i was wearing a bra, cause i didn't feel like i was wearing one and the weight of my tits had just gone away

I didn't have the wrong size previously, it was pretty spot on. I've been in breastfeeding non-wired bras until recently, am three stone heavier than the last time I wore an underwired bra, so my pre-baby bras are definitely not going to be the right fit or comfortable.

Sorry Bee. I think women who've not been in right fitting bras and then are can get a bit evangelical.
I'm sure I'll feel that too. I've measured myself as a 34D, but I'm guessing brands differ... so might be a while until I find the right fit still.

Sorry Bee. I think women who've not been in right fitting bras and then are can get a bit evangelical.
This :oops: sorry! Though it's not about fit as such, it's about shape for me. The difference in the shape of my boobs in a really fitted bra is staggering :) I find myself looking at them much more :D

This :oops: sorry! Though it's not about fit as such, it's about shape for me. The difference in the shape of my boobs in a really fitted bra is staggering :) I find myself looking at them much more :D
Absolutely. I'm just back in under wired bras and can't stop looking. I have a waist again too.

I like the shape of my boobs without a bra though :oops:

Anyway, 5 different bras on their way to me.

D cup in Curvy Kate bras is too big for me.

One from Debenhams fits nicely, I'm yet to try on two others.

I think I'm gonna try out this new fangled measuring thing later :D
I've been a 34b all my life, apart from during the breastfeeding days. All my bras are old and saggy and none of them fit well any more cos they've been washed so often, so it's time for new ones, and it would be nice to get new ones that fit!
I did go into a shop here in HK a few years back, and the woman took one look at me, said "so big wah!" and ushered me off to M+S :D

Back
Top Bottom