Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bra thread

marks seem to be really hit or miss. either absolutely wonderful or absolutely terrible, nothing in between.
Which is why I buy theirs, but only because there's a branch I can get to without going out of my way on a normal shopping day. Before now, I've bought the same size in different styles and found one too loose and the other impossible to fasten at all. :mad:

marks seem to be really hit or miss. either absolutely wonderful or absolutely terrible, nothing in between.
They have strange consistency issues in all their clothes tbh. I've stopped buying there after some issues because I just don't have time to deal with trying on and returns. I bought three jumpers there having tried one on- it was beautiful, perfect work top, picked up another 2 identical ones- size, colour, everything: one was baggy, the other the seams came apart in the wash. They have a real quality control problem

Which is why I buy theirs, but only because there's a branch I can get to without going out of my way on a normal shopping day. Before now, I've bought the same size in different styles and found one too loose and the other impossible to fasten at all. :mad:

it was mainly their fitting service i was refering to. my last experience couldn't have been better. but so many people find them aweful

howeverf, for me, their basic cheap scaffolding bras are about the best (or perhaps most forgiving) bras i've tried. the only place i've got where i can try on a variety of some of the brand name stuff is debenhams. and i tried on slightly different sizes in several different brands and styles and it led to swearing and another cheap bra.

They have strange consistency issues in all their clothes tbh. I've stopped buying there after some issues because I just don't have time to deal with trying on and returns. I bought three jumpers there having tried one on- it was beautiful, perfect work top, picked up another 2 identical ones- size, colour, everything: one was baggy, the other the seams came apart in the wash. They have a real quality control problem

yep. i have identical pyjama bottoms, one pair is absolutely fine a couple of years later and the other went wierdly holey around the bum (nice!) almost straight away. i darned them but i gave up recently and threw them away. it was as if one pair was made out of completely different material strength-wise although everything else was the same.

I bought a bra from M&S for the first time a few weeks ago. It has plenty of uplift but weirdly elimates all cleavage, which I didn't think was even possible. So far it seems fairly comfy.

The unpadded Wonderbras used to suit me, but now they dont - my boobs are really close together and lots of bras shove one under each armpit. I have big quite heavy squishy boobs but don't want to look like a badly upholstered sofa. No favourites at the moment - hate them all and they hate me right back. Pet hate is big bras with spaghetti-thin straps. If you have 40DD boobs, they probably weigh a bit.

Been back to TK Maxx this morning and they had 2 more of the Triumph bras I bought last week at £7.99..so I bought them so no bra crisis for a while though I do need a white bra.

I hate anything wired with a fiery passon and am glad it's now winter so a vest will do the business most days. I'm a 36A or AA so can get away with it under a jumper, but anything sheerer and it has to be a totally non-wired thing of some kind. M&S do these sort of foam-cupped "T shirt" bras which are just about tolerable for braphobes like me to put under a summer shirt / vest / dress. But I still rip them off as soon as I get home and breathe easy. Sincere sympathies to all the bustier posters, I would find dealing with anything bigger (or any more underwear ironwork) a real chore.

Bras arrived and proved that I am now larger than an E cup. Overspill everywhere! I'll have to send them back for some Fs.

Bras arrived and proved that I am now larger than an E cup. Overspill everywhere! <snip>
Bah! I take it that this is even allowing for going up a cup size or two (therefore maybe having changed size between ordering and trying them on) when premenstrual? Apologies if you allowed for this - I've forgotten to a few times.

I have gone from G to an F, back to a G, up to an H and I'm now shrinking from my H's in the last 18 months. It's really fucking expensive :mad:

Bah! I take it that this is even allowing for going up a cup size or two (therefore maybe having changed size between ordering and trying them on) when premenstrual? Apologies if you allowed for this - I've forgotten to a few times.

Tbh I had suspected the cup increase. My current crop of bras are Es and there is overspill there too. Going back to desk work really helps pile on those pounds :oops:

I have been having bra issue for ages after needing new bras , getting measured at M&S, feeling a bit..:hmm: about their measurement but spending money anyway. Then I had bras that didn't fit,didn't have a clue what size I was & was just muddling along. Last week I found a Triumph bra in TK Maxx in my old size of 32c that M&S said I wasn't and I bought it & it fit like a dream. I did have some old 32c bras butthey had gone droopy. Should have bought the red one too.
Am with you on the bra issues...I used to wear a 34c but have gone down to a 32c and they seem to usually fit me OK.

Bug then I buy bras in Primark these days :oops:

What's the four boobs thing about sometimes eh?

I'm a newby to this. I just order something online that looks like it does the job and hope for the best. I have about about a 30% success rate. I've got two from Asda that really do the job but I fear I need to buy new ones soon as they're looking like they're nearing the end of their useful life.

Most days I just let them hang free though. :D

I'm a newby to this. I just order something online that looks like it does the job and hope for the best. I have about about a 30% success rate. I've got two from Asda that really do the job but I fear I need to buy new ones soon as they're looking like they're nearing the end of their useful life.

Most days I just let them hang free though. :D
You'll get the hang of it ;). Once you find a style that you like (getting one with both the right comfort and shape is a challenge) buy two or three if you can, and make a note of the manufacturer so you can keep an eye out for them.

I'm particularly annoyed as Panache have decided to stop making the bra I buy from Bravissimo, and I tried a Playtex one the other day because I needed a purple one for a dress and they were the only people making one in purple, only to discover it does that weird flattening things to boobs.

I hate bra shopping almost as much as I hate trouser shopping.

You'll get the hang of it ;). Once you find a style that you like (getting one with both the right comfort and shape is a challenge) buy two or three if you can, and make a note of the manufacturer so you can keep an eye out for them.

So many bras are available for a short time, manufacturers change them each season. Then you find a really popular one that they make for years. . . then they discontinue it. Bras of the same brand, same size, similar style can vary from the comfortable to the fucking unwearable. So annoying.

So many bras are available for a short time, manufacturers change them each season. Then you find a really popular one that they make for years. . . then they discontinue it. Bras of the same brand, same size, similar style can vary from the comfortable to the fucking unwearable. So annoying.
It makes no sense at all.

So where should someone who has never been measured before and doesn't want to spend too much money go? Debenhams? I have previously bought my bras from Primark (and they are shit and don't fit) but now that I'm up the duff I think I need to get measured and get at least one bra that fits me. My job this weekend is to find out my boob size and buy one decent bra.

I don't mind spending 20 or 30 quid, if that's what a "real" bra costs. Although my plan was that once I knew my real current size and bought one decent one I would be able to get more, reasonable ones for cheap online. This thread makes me think that that won't necessarily work!

Bravissimo is supposed to be good, though I always measure myself now. Pregnancy may not be the best time to shell out lots of money on bras though, in the last 12 months I have gone up and down about 4 sizes :eek:

So where should someone who has never been measured before and doesn't want to spend too much money go? Debenhams? I have previously bought my bras from Primark (and they are shit and don't fit) but now that I'm up the duff I think I need to get measured and get at least one bra that fits me. My job this weekend is to find out my boob size and buy one decent bra.

I don't mind spending 20 or 30 quid, if that's what a "real" bra costs. Although my plan was that once I knew my real current size and bought one decent one I would be able to get more, reasonable ones for cheap online. This thread makes me think that that won't necessarily work!

Are you in London? If so I'd advise going to Bravissimo and get measured up. Their sale is currently on so it's a bit cheaper than normal. But tbf they also don't pressure you to buy so you could conceivably get measured and then buy cheaper online.

Are you in London? If so I'd advise going to Bravissimo
Yeah.
Bravissimo
Isn't that a big boobs shop? I haven't a clue what proper size I am but I'm not big. I have Bs and Cs, some of which kind of fit, but not really.

I'll have to get some sort of bra Thora! Even my doctor told me off for not having a maternity bra yesterday (although she did compliment the colour).

John Lewis and m&s both do measuring services and have a decent range of maternity bras at different prices. Though maternity just means not underwired tbh. It's breastfeeding bras that are different and you should leave buying them till the last minute as your size may change radically in the last few weeks of pregnancy and if you've just bought bras it's really annoying (waves)

Back
Top Bottom