Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What type/s of bra do you normally wear?

What's your main bra type/s

• Underwired bra with straps

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Non underwired bra with straps

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Strapless bra

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Crop top

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Sports bra

• Sexy fancy bra

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No bra

• Any sodding bra I can find in my size

• Other

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Lockdown was so liberating in many ways! I chucked out both underwire bras (only a coupla sexy ones for posh nights out) and make up (same rule). Ta ra! 👋🏻

Also lol about the sports monoboob Rebelda No sweaty cleavage :mad:

And kalidarkone I sometimes go for the full sexy lingerie under scrubs look just for the hell of it ;)

I don't understand why it is so hard to find bras in smaller sizes.
I'm not unusually small. I meet lots of women around 5'-5'2".
Size 8 is a 32" bust, so there must be loads of size 8 women with 30" or 28" inch ribcages who wear 28D to 30B bra sizes for example.
Even size 10 is only a 34" bust measurement so so loads of women with bands of 30.
Yet almost all shops seem to believe no adults wear bras smaller than a 32.

Size 8 is a 32" bust, so there must be loads of size 8 women with 30" or 28" inch ribcages who wear 28D to 30B bra sizes for example.
Even size 10 is only a 34" bust measurement so so loads of women with bands of 30.
Rubbish, isn't it? The same reason as it was almost impossible to find a bike the right size if you were under 5'6" until fairly recently too I suppose. Stuff is largely designed by men, with their preconceptions about what is normal range.

Rubbish, isn't it? The same reason as it was almost impossible to find a bike the right size if you were under 5'6" until fairly recently too I suppose. Stuff is largely designed by men, with their preconceptions about what is normal range.
Surely bras cannot be designed by men 🤯

You can blame the design of bikes, say, on men producing them primarily for male bodies, but I doubt that this applies to bras.

Also lol about the sports monoboob Rebelda No sweaty cleavage :mad:
I cannot stand it. I'm naturally pretty sweaty, do an active job and work 12 hour shifts. If I wore a mono-bra for that I think my tits would actually fall off eventually. The eczema is horrific.

OK, if they have preconceptions about what might be normal range, I'll concede the point. But I'm a sucker for a crap joke.

I'm a 30 ribcage and I always saw lots of bras in that size, but mostly in A-C cups only :facepalm: Pre-Bravissimo 30D was the best I could possibly hope to find.

What I'm learning reading the responses on this thread is what I should know and occasionally forget: all of those different options, even the ones that are a total no for me, have someone to whom they're the best looking and most comfortable bra around. Only the market is slow to provide.

I like an underwired bra at the lace/mesh end of the scale, or leopard. Ideally with wider shoulder straps so they don't dig in. Big back, big tits. :rolleyes:

I despise a moulded cup or padding.
This for outdoors.

At home I'm either lying down or scrunched up so wired is not so comfy.

I went molke for ages but then they brought in and removed the reverse crossover so I stropped off as I prefer to have my larger boob tucked in more.

I wear underwires t-shirt bras & have pretty much taken all ‘sexy’ bras to charity shop as I like a clean line. I don’t like padded & love colour. I have 2 decent strapless bras & also have one of those bra clips as I can’t abide say a racer back vest top & bra straps showing.

What make are your strapless bras moonsi til ? I love the bare shoulders look but have never yet found a strapless bra that doesn't make me want to tear it off after 5 minutes :D :oops:

Just bought this- not convinced it's going to look unfrumpy and hold my KK's securely, but intrigued to try!
View attachment 348332
I also wear a KK. Let us know. Though at best, it’ll be an around the house bra.

Tired of people telling me that I can wear molke to work. I can’t. My boobs are too low and it creates an 18 inch neck-to-tummy “cleavage” so unattractive and sweaty I’d rather be bruised by an underwire two sizes too small.

Just bought this- not convinced it's going to look unfrumpy and hold my KK's securely, but intrigued to try!
View attachment 348332
So received this today and it's going straight back. Has the same effect as wearing a cami vest- ie none! I bought it cus in the description it said that the model above was wearing a 34 JJ so I thought .....OK the size I wear atm is a 40 K underwired....so it might work.....but no where near! It was laughable!

I also bought some anti chafing shorts from this company last year. While the waist size was fine, they did not fit properly around my bum and thighs. I feel they hadn't considered - different body types in the way Snag tights do. But they are based in Cornwall.....

I haven’t got out of my crop top habit since lockdown, as they’re so soft to wear and reasonably supportive. Can just about get away with it (B cup). But if I’m going for a run, I’ll crack out my fully underwired M&S high support sports bra and adjust it as tightly as possible. It mostly does the job, but still searching for the perfect 100% no-bounce bra. May need to shell out some cash at Sweaty Betty or wherever…

ETA: posting a link to Runderwear bras, which look fabulously supportive and soft 😎 Will investigate…

Last edited:
I got a couple of m&s crop top things to wear in bed instead of my underwired bras. Didn't enjoy the monoboob effect but have been twisting half over which gives a slightly better cupping and us more comfortable for me.

Still not 100% convinced on them. Certainly useless for me anywhere other than in bed or lounging.

I'd like to get some pretty, underwired COTTON bras but they don't seem to be a thing? Either they're cotton and BORING or pretty/colourful and synthetic? Suggestions welcome!

I'd like to get some pretty, underwired COTTON bras but they don't seem to be a thing? Either they're cotton and BORING or pretty/colourful and synthetic? Suggestions welcome!
I find the problem with cotton is that clothes don't sit well on top of them. I've had a couple from M&S but they make my tops ride up - whereas synthetic bras have enough slither for clothes to skim over them.

Those bralettes/crop tops you can get now (I normally remove those pads) or a sports bra. Stopped buying 36c when I did the newer more accurate measuring thing. I’m like a 34g or something like that, (can’t remember it was a while back) tried getting my size and It wasn’t available or too pricey. Don’t have saggy boobs they’re just really wide, realised bralettes are far more comfy, wiring always digs in. I’m not going back to scaffolding, no way.

Thank guys. I think I was hoping there was somewhere else other than Bravissimo, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom