Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A perfume indulgence thread

Can all you fragrance lovers tell me how you wear perfume? Daily? One for day, one for night? How many squirts and where?
I've come to the party a year late, but never mind.

Daily.

Very many more than one for day and one for night. I collect them. Sometimes I mix more than one on the same day.

Liberally, until I decide that's enough. Everywhere - hair, clothes (not forgetting the back of the clothes), neck, wrists, and 'one for luck' down the cleavage.

Christ, oh mighty, the amount of fake Creed Aventus on public transport is getting ridiculous.

I know it's fake, as it's hard to do a smoke-fruit vibe without smelling like a urine-stained rug.
It is the only perfume I smell on men that makes me wanna gag.

Eta - opening sentence didn't make sense.

Last edited:
I was recently gifted a bottle of Xerjoff Fiero. I am not a fresh-citrus/old-school barber shop sort of guy, but I must say, it's gorgeous. Casual wear. Not cloying or overly masculine.

I'm just putting away my winter perfumes and cracking open the summer ones. Hello L'Occitane Cherry Blossom, Chanel No. 19, Eau D'Italie's Un Bateau pour Capri,
and an old 90s fave I've just found again, Calvin Klein Eternity. Smells a lot nicer when you're the only one wearing it :D

My bottle of Artemisia is almost empty. Missed a trick not asking for perfume for my birthday. Ready for something new :hmm:

Last edited:
I love the idea of having a wardrobe of perfumes but haven’t been wearing it much recently. Slowly working my way through a bottle of L’Occitane Verbena Mandarin: lovely scent but also a bit one-dimensional and doesn’t have any staying power.

Last time I was in a duty-free, I was very taken by the Atelier Cologne counter, but stupidly didn’t buy any. Maybe I will get the Atelier wardrobe collection when I next feel like giving myself a treat: Atelier Cologne Perfume Wardrobe Set

Still loving Miller Harris, and not just because they often turn up at knock down prices in TK Maxx :hmm: Tea Tonique is my signature but Dance Among The Lace is quite special (despite its stupid name). Also really like their Cassis one.

Still loving Miller Harris, and not just because they often turn up at knock down prices in TK Maxx :hmm: Tea Tonique is my signature but Dance Among The Lace is quite special (despite its stupid name). Also really like their Cassis one.
I love Miller Harris too and now you’ve just made me look at gift sets on Vinted! (As if I ever need an excuse to look at Vinted… 😆)

I'm just putting away my winter perfumes and cracking open the summer ones. Hello L'Occitane Cherry Blossom, Chanel No. 19, Eau D'Italie's Un Bateau pour Capri,
and an old 90s fave I've just found again, Calvin Klein Eternity. Smells a lot nicer when you're the only one wearing it :D
What a good idea. I’m doing that with bed linens, putting the winter ones away and opening the summer ones; I don’t really change my scent that much but I’ve been feeling all orange blossom and lilac recently as well as revelling in the hyacinths and sharp green mown grass… I’m out of love with Chanel 19 at the moment so it may be time for a change

What a good idea. I’m doing that with bed linens, putting the winter ones away and opening the summer ones; I don’t really change my scent that much but I’ve been feeling all orange blossom and lilac recently as well as revelling in the hyacinths and sharp green mown grass… I’m out of love with Chanel 19 at the moment so it may be time for a change
I can't wear 19 in winter at all, but at the first sign of summer, it makes more sense. I hope you can get back to it. And do share what hyacinth perfume you find!

I can't wear 19 in winter at all, but at the first sign of summer, it makes more sense. I hope you can get back to it. And do share what hyacinth perfume you find!
Following on from this I received a sample of penhaligons ‘Castile’ today; it was very fresh on the first spray but has dried down to something a bit like my dad (who always smelled lovely) but maybe not me. I’m looking at a discovery set from jacques fath that includes ‘Lilas Exquis’ which has hyacinth as a top note, lilac and limeflower and some citrus, not much green. I’ve been wondering if I do actually prefer ‘green’ scents

My discovery set arrived today and I was planning to do a quick spray of each on a card, to reflect on later, had a little station set up, but the first squirt of jasmine de Toscane has filled my kitchen with too strong perfume, even while the doors are open to outside: like an air freshener or reed diffuser to mask other smells.
I shall hold off the lilac and the green water (which I’d thought I might like) until another time
Feeling a bit disappointed, and may just stick with the penhaligons Castille sample, which I’ve actually worn pretty much every day since I got the sample, til it runs out and then retreat to 4711 or some lily of the valley from the shop

My jury is very much out on Penhaligons, generally. I always think I'm going to like their perfumes, but they all go bad ways on me. Eau de Grandmère.
I write myself little notes on the strips of card for later, when I have a discovery set, mostly uncomplimentary :D
I've been on a sweet/vanilla kick this week, with Billy Eilish, Kiyali Yum Pistachio Gelato and Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise.

Last edited:
My jury is very much out on Penhaligons, generally. I always think I'm going to like their perfumes, but they all go bad ways on me. Eau de Grandmère.
I write myself little notes on the strips of card for later, when I have a discovery set, mostly uncomplimentary :D
I've been on a sweet/vanilla kick this week, with Billy Eilish, Kiyali Yum Pistachio Gelato and Jo Malone Vanilla & Anis.
Haha think I rather like eau de grandmere scents, and they quite suit me

After a period with various fragrances from the Acqua di Parma range, I'm back with Guerlain's 'Habit Rouge'.

I still get a sense of mild excitement from the exoticism of the 'oriental' element of the fragrance. Apparently, it goes back to the mid-60s and was among the first of the more exotic fragrances for men.

I’ve re-sniffed the couple of card strips and already know that these scents are too strong for me; they’re still out in the porch
If anyone fancies them let me know and I’ll post, otherwise they’re going in the bin

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 25
I misplaced my bottle of Dior Oud Rosewood, but when I had my make-up done and bought some Dior cosmetics, the assistant gave me a couple of sample sizes. I rarely wear perfume nowadays, though, because I never know when I'm going to have to taste wine at work. It's a shame, especially because I brought some lovely perfume back from France with me last year, but I can't wear it as often as I'd like.

I've been on a sweet/vanilla kick this week, with Billy Eilish, Kiyali Yum Pistachio Gelato and Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise.
Took me three goes not to read that as Vanilla & Arse :D

I’ve re-sniffed the couple of card strips and already know that these scents are too strong for me; they’re still out in the porch
If anyone fancies them let me know and I’ll post, otherwise they’re going in the bin

I'd gladly take them off your hands - I'm back in a trying to find out what I like phase as I'm not enjoying anything I have at the moment. Not even smelt anything nice on anyone else for a while either!

I'd gladly take them off your hands - I'm back in a trying to find out what I like phase as I'm not enjoying anything I have at the moment. Not even smelt anything nice on anyone else for a while either!
If you don't love the Lilas Exquis, please pass it on :)

Today I'm swanning about in Prada Infusion d'Amande. Might be one of the few perfumes I buy a repeat bottle of. It's a lot like one of my other faves, Serge Lutens' L'eau D'Hiver, but more summery.

Fantastic glad they have a home to go to. Send me a message with your address and I may even catch todays post

Today I am wearing Jo Malone X Paddington Orange Marmalade, a present from my sister.
I had gone right off the ursine class traitor after he starting cosying up to the royal family, but he's redeemed himself somewhat with this. It's got a bitterness of the rind to take the edge of the sweetness, and dries down to more orange blossom than fruit. Very summery.

Back
Top Bottom