Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bloody Sunday inquiry - coming soon

No early release no peace process. Why do you think the first ceasefires fell apart? Pressure from the prisoners and their supporters. Are you really that dim to realise sacrifices had to be made?

No, I'm not dim, not in the slightest. The fucking cunts of the paramilitaries won, in effect. They did not have to answer fully for their actions. IIRC, there are still bodies that the IRA has not disclosed the location of, which causes every bit as much trauma as that suffered by the families of those killed on Bloody Sunday. One may have to accept that to obtain peace, concessions have to be made, one certainly does not have to like it.

Ok, quid pro quo, jail those soldiers for 10 years each-way less than paramilitaries on either side got sentenced for murder-and then we'll have an amnesty.... Fairs fair.....

A trifle pointless?

I do see where you are coming from on this, however, if there is an effort to prosecute the Paras, the consequences in NI could be severe. As I said, it is time to let go, if the interests of the whole community in NI require that the Paras are not prosecuted, so be it. It is however, no less palatable than the failure to make McGuiness and Adams answer for their actions.

A trifle pointless?

I do see where you are coming from on this, however, if there is an effort to prosecute the Paras, the consequences in NI could be severe. As I said, it is time to let go, if the interests of the whole community in NI require that the Paras are not prosecuted, so be it. It is however, no less palatable than the failure to make McGuiness and Adams answer for their actions.

paramilataries are still being investigated and jailed by a new police unit the HET, so it is only fair that soldiers, police and in my opinion certain politicians be investigated too

A trifle pointless?

Why pointless? A cover up that was exposed and soldiers lied, soldiers disobeyed military orders? A trifle pointless? And yet again nice of you to decide the families of those murdered should move on.

What would the consequences be exactly?

I think you'll find plenty of people were jailed for Repuiblican paramilitary activities, the same re Loyalists. Many were also jailed without even a crime or a trial, funny that....
I listened to tebbit earlier refer to the brighton bombing and asking how can those victims can move on. I know he's a senile of fuck but does he not remember someone being jailed for that? Bit of a difference that the opathetic old twat seems to have forgotten....

Also just to add there were over 100,000 years of prison served by those struggling for civil rights and/or against the illegitimate 6-county state. Most of them as a result of internment,

If we were serious the entire military top brass would have to be prosecuted but they should be prosecuted for their atrocities in Borneo, in Aden, in Yemen, in Dhofar etc.

While you're here, you can clear up whether you think the British people owe the Irish people an apology.

Then you can answer who qualifies as "the British people".

And following that, whether all whites are responsible for slavery, all Catholics responsible for the Spanish Inquisition (or all Spaniards), all men responsible for the Yorkshire Ripper murders, and so on.
Any chance, Grit?

No, I'm not dim, not in the slightest. The fucking cunts of the paramilitaries won, in effect. They did not have to answer fully for their actions.

You still don't get it do you? I can remember there being a lot of pain and anger at the time too when both republican and loyalist prisoners who committed some atrocious crimes were relseased but the general consensus was that it was needed for overall peace. I suppose you have to actually live here to understand, you're an outsider with an outsiders opinion.

ETA: Also one of the stipulations of the early release scheme was that if any of the prisoners were convicted of a crime while outside they would go back inside to serve the rest of their sentence so it meant they couldn't go back to their old ways.

No, I'm not dim, not in the slightest. The fucking cunts of the paramilitaries won, in effect. They did not have to answer fully for their actions. IIRC, there are still bodies that the IRA has not disclosed the location of, which causes every bit as much trauma as that suffered by the families of those killed on Bloody Sunday. One may have to accept that to obtain peace, concessions have to be made, one certainly does not have to like it.

I know this. If I was on a civil rights march demanding reasonable civil rights and a foreign army opened fire and killed my kid brother. I would join up to get some pay back and fight to get that occupying army out.

If I saw all my neighbours being interned without trial and beaten black and blue by a loyalist police force that made no bones that it wasn't my police force and considered me the enemy. I would pick up a gun and fight back

The British were occupying the 6 counties to enforce a blatantly discriminatory anti Catholic state which boasted about excluding the Catholic minority. Republican's had every moral right to resist.They had every right to pick up a gun and fight back against the murderers of their friends and neighbours. If you want to know who created the monster that was the IRA look no further than the British government and the plastic state it used force to uphold.

You still don't get it do you? I can remember there being a lot of pain and anger at the time too when both republican and loyalist prisoners who committed some atrocious crimes were relseased but the general consensus was that it was needed for overall peace. I suppose you have to actually live here to understand, you're an outsider with an outsiders opinion.

he's won't listen to you. he's not capable of understanding that someone can be a republican and not support every act ever committed in the name of republicanism. you are republican, therefore nothing you say can be listened to.

his stance here show this from the other side, he can't be british without defending the actions of the soldiers, even when they commit indefensible acts like slaughtering civil rights marchers.

i've read that some of the relatives have said they feel a solution would be for a trial to go ahead and if convicted, the soldiers should then be released under the good friday agreement. it's a solution

Also just to add there were over 100,000 years of prison served by those struggling for civil rights and/or against the illegitimate 6-county state. Most of them as a result of internment,

If we were serious the entire military top brass would have to be prosecuted but they should be prosecuted for their atrocities in Borneo, in Aden, in Yemen, in Dhofar etc.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

So how do you square perpetually beating the drum for Britain and the British whilst simultaneously hating the English then?

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10756988&postcount=1

Like many 'loyalists' from Scotland you seem to be a bit bi-polar, don't you? Either that or you're just a bit of a cock really.

And you are a thick headed fuckwit who cannot recognise ' tongue in cheek ' when he sees it.

I would be interested as to where I have stated that I am a ' Loyalist ', in NI terms. I loathe and despise the sub-human scum on both sides of the religious divide, which I did mention. Perhaps if you learn to read and comprehend, it might help you to see things a little more clearly.

If you had a shred of decency, you would be upbraiding those on here who quite clearly support the Nationalist scum in NI. Or is any action valid in your view, provided it it is for ' the cause '? Fucking hypocritical arsehole.

And you are a thick headed fuckwit who cannot recognise ' tongue in cheek ' when he sees it.

I would be interested as to where I have stated that I am a ' Loyalist ', in NI terms. I loathe and despise the sub-human scum on both sides of the religious divide, which I did mention. Perhaps if you learn to read and comprehend, it might help you to see things a little more clearly.
Your trolling on the Derry thread belies this.

What part of ' given that you are one yourself ' don't you understand?

I understand it - you don't. It refers, given it was the last subject of the sentence, to 'appologist for brutal murdering thugs', not murderers. And as i said, he even clarified this afterwards for you. You are wrong.

I understand it - you don't. It refers, given it was the last subject of the sentence, to 'appologist for brutal murdering thugs', not murderers. And as i said, he even clarified this afterwards for you. You are wrong.

Sorry, it appears perfectly plain to me, and is a vast overstepping of the mark.

Yes, people fall out on the boards, yes people curse one another; but as a non-combatant soldier, who spent his army career trying to preserve life, including on occasion people who had been injured whilst rioting against the army, I am not prepared to be called a murderer.

Back
Top Bottom