Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bloody Sunday inquiry - coming soon

He said the hunger strikers died of their own choice. That makes him a cunt in my book.

Your response makes you an idiot in mine. What I said was absolutely correct, those who starved themselves to death did it themselves, no one withheld food or water from them, it was their choice to do so.

He's coming in with his knickers in a twist trying to excuse the actions of the soldiers on that day which flies in the face of what the whole thing exposed. That as well as numerous other bone headed statements he's made in other threads regarding the conflict here makes him a cunt in my book.

And you are a supporter of what was, and still is a terrorist organisation that slaughtered men women and children in their efforts to force their view on the majority in NI who did not hold their views. Frankly, your comments regarding the Paratroopers are rank hypocrisy, not that your blinkers will permit you to see that. Bloody Sunday was one occasion, how many IRA bombs were there? How many policemen and prison officers were killed because they had the gall to disagree with the IRA's murderous outlook?

Mote and beam applies here.

nope, standards apply here.

we should hold ourselves to higher standards than an organisation we call terrorist. we do not slaughter the innocent, then cover it up. we hold those responsible for such slaughter as criminals and bring the to justice.

if we want to declare the right to stop terrorist groups because you are better than them, then we do not say it is acceptable to kill civilians because terrorists have.

the alternative is that you accept your beloved army are no better than a terrorist organisation

And you are a supporter of what was, and still is a terrorist organisation that slaughtered men women and children in their efforts to force their view on the majority in NI who did not hold their views.
Interesting how you appear to be conflating the various nationalist manifestations into a unitary "terrorist organisation". Such a viewpoint makes it easier to avoid the reality, which is that nothing is or was as cut and dried as you imply.
Frankly, your comments regarding the Paratroopers are rank hypocrisy, not that your blinkers will permit you to see that. Bloody Sunday was one occasion...
Among many, if you're in the least bit honest.
...how many IRA bombs were there?
Many. No-one has claimed otherwise.
How many policemen and prison officers were killed because they had the gall to disagree with the IRA's murderous outlook?
Hardly any.
What quite a few policemen and prison officers were killed for, was for working for the British state", but I don't remember any being killed because they disagreed with the IRA's outlook.
Not that the outlook of the stickies is relevant to most of the history of "the Troubles", anyway. Perhaps you mean the Provisional IRA?

nope, standards apply here.

we should hold ourselves to higher standards than an organisation we call terrorist. we do not slaughter the innocent, then cover it up. we hold those responsible for such slaughter as criminals and bring the to justice.
I've been saying this for 25 or more years wrt NI.
if we want to declare the right to stop terrorist groups because you are better than them, then we do not say it is acceptable to kill civilians because terrorists have.
Or excuse such killings for the sake of political expedience.

And you are a supporter of what was, and still is a terrorist organisation that slaughtered men women and children in their efforts to force their view on the majority in NI who did not hold their views. Frankly, your comments regarding the Paratroopers are rank hypocrisy, not that your blinkers will permit you to see that. Bloody Sunday was one occasion, how many IRA bombs were there? How many policemen and prison officers were killed because they had the gall to disagree with the IRA's murderous outlook?

Again, if you can't see the difference between an army which is governed by the rule of law like the British army and a civillian army like the IRA then you're a fucking idiot. Pointing out the killings made by the IRA is neither here nor there when it comes to crimes committed by the British state.

The point has been presented to you on numerous occasions and you've either ignored it or side stepped it. Do you actually understand the difference?

If you want to discuss the IRA's bombing and killing of innocent civillians then go ahead and make a thread about it but not here.

The paras and their supporters are murdering scum, and the apologists for murdering scum.

As are the IRA.

A point worth raising from the enquiry report:

' At about 4pm, a member of the Official IRA, on William Street, fired at soldiers at the Presbyterian Church. The shot missed and struck the building. The IRA man was one of two who had gone to a pre-arranged sniping position in order to fire at the soldiers. '

It would appear that those who claim no shots were fired at the troops are mistaken, or liars, take your pick.

As are the IRA.

' At about 4pm, a member of the Official IRA, on William Street, fired at soldiers at the Presbyterian Church. The shot missed and struck the building. The IRA man was one of two who had gone to a pre-arranged sniping position in order to fire at the soldiers. '

It would appear that those who claim no shots were fired at the troops are mistaken, or liars, take your pick.

Volunteer resistance fighters shoot at occupying enemy.

Good.

As are the IRA.

No, we said that you were wrong in claiming that the paras were fired on first -the inquiry decisively rejected this as a post-shooting lie. You're the one whose wrong. Read at least the summary reports.

Again, if you can't see the difference between an army which is governed by the rule of law like the British army and a civillian army like the IRA then you're a fucking idiot. Pointing out the killings made by the IRA is neither here nor there when it comes to crimes committed by the British state.

The point has been presented to you on numerous occasions and you've either ignored it or side stepped it. Do you actually understand the difference?

If you want to discuss the IRA's bombing and killing of innocent civillians then go ahead and make a thread about it but not here.

Utter bollocks. The biggest piece of hypocrisy I've seen in a while. An army, which is how the scum of the IRA styled themselves, wears a uniform and face their opponents. The scum of the IRA on the other hand, shot from cover and planted bombs. Scum, cowardly murdering scum.

Yes, what the Paratroopers did was utterly and absolutely wrong, but this was normal behaviour for the IRA.

I would support the prosecution of the Paratroopers, provided McGuiness and Adams were also to stand in the dock and answer for their absolutely heinous crimes.

There seems to be a heirachy of victim-hood here. Where is the justice for those murdered in cold blood by the IRA? Are those lives worth less than the lives lost on Bloody Sunday?

( I would add, that the same goes for the victims of the Protestant paramilitary scum, I do not favour either band of murderous thugs. )

There seems to be a heirachy of victim-hood here. Where is the justice for those murdered in cold blood by the IRA? Are those lives worth less than the lives lost on Bloody Sunday?

( I would add, that the same goes for the victims of the Protestant paramilitary scum, I do not favour either band of murderous thugs. )

I think you'll find plenty of people were jailed for Repuiblican paramilitary activities, the same re Loyalists. Many were also jailed without even a crime or a trial, funny that....
I listened to tebbit earlier refer to the brighton bombing and asking how can those victims can move on. I know he's a senile of fuck but does he not remember someone being jailed for that? Bit of a difference that the opathetic old twat seems to have forgotten....

Amazingly some people neglect to remember that this was a peaceful 'civil rights' march...
People were out on the streets demanding simple equality.. Housing, education etc etc.. Very simple demands that the Powers that be chose to ignore.. and have spent almost 40years slandering the good people of Derry...

I think you'll find plenty of people were jailed for Repuiblican paramilitary activities, the same re Loyalists. Many were also jailed without even a crime or a trial, funny that....
I listened to tebbit earlier refer to the brighton bombing and asking how can those victims can move on. I know he's a senile of fuck but does he not remember someone being jailed for that? Bit of a difference that the opathetic old twat seems to have forgotten....

Yep. Jailed, then released by Blair's capitulation to terrorism. Well, either capitulation or the result of a huge ego, he wanted to be the person who ' solved ' the Irish problem.

Yep. Jailed, then released by Blair's capitulation to terrorism. Well, either capitulation or the result of a huge ego, he wanted to be the person who ' solved ' the Irish problem.

Ok, quid pro quo, jail those soldiers for 10 years each-way less than paramilitaries on either side got sentenced for murder-and then we'll have an amnesty.... Fairs fair.....

Utter bollocks. The biggest piece of hypocrisy I've seen in a while. An army, which is how the scum of the IRA styled themselves, wears a uniform and face their opponents. The scum of the IRA on the other hand, shot from cover and planted bombs. Scum, cowardly murdering scum.

So you can't see the distinction? Fair enough.

Where is the justice for those murdered in cold blood by the IRA?

As Fed pointed out, people were arressted and prosecuted.

Are those lives worth less than the lives lost on Bloody Sunday?

No, did anyone say they were?

Amazingly some people neglect to remember that this was a peaceful 'civil rights' march...
People were out on the streets demanding simple equality.. Housing, education etc etc.. Very simple demands that the Powers that be chose to ignore.. and have spent almost 40years slandering the good people of Derry...

There was never any real doubt that there had been no shots fired from the march, the shot or shots were not related to the march. I appreciate that the enquiry was necessary to confirm that publicly, the slander had to be laid to rest.

No early release no peace process. Why do you think the first ceasefires fell apart? Pressure from the prisoners and their supporters. Are you really that dim to realise sacrifices had to be made?

So you can't see the distinction? Fair enough.

As Fed pointed out, people were arressted and prosecuted.

No, did anyone say they were?

The wholesale release of murderers suggests otherwise. However, that is a different matter.

I would not suggest an enquiry into the matter of the IRA. Much as it sticks in my throat, it is time to let go.

It is reprehensible though, that McGuiness failed to cooperate with the enquiry as to his actions that day.

Back
Top Bottom