Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you a marxist but not a member of a marxist organisation?

Are you a marxist but not a member of a marxist organisation?

• Total voters
In terms of the original poll, people's names might give a hint...

From that article:
The hammer and sickle remain in vogue across Kerala, where the Communist party has governed for much of the last six decades, and revolutionary names such as Stalin and Trotsky are still popular.
Calling your kid Trotsky while living in a CP stronghold seems like a bold move.

In Venezuela there is a high profile Trotskyist activist and union organiser called Stalin Perez Borges. Apparently his parents were not even communists, but anti-fascists who named their children after the leaders of the Allied powers. Stalin has two brothers called Churchill and Roosevelt.

In Venezuela there is a high profile Trotskyist activist and union organiser called Stalin Perez Borges. Apparently his parents were not even communists, but anti-fascists who named their children after the leaders of the Allied powers. Stalin has two brothers called Churchill and Roosevelt.

Apologies for the deviation, but reminded me of this....

I definitely remember there being at least one, possibly more, instance of someone involved in the Latin American cleaners' struggles in London who faced victimisation who was called Stalin, a brief look around found this for instance:

Those were the days, Totsky's fond memories of meeting his first anarchist.

FERCrv2XMAEBAbu

I definitely remember there being at least one, possibly more, instance of someone involved in the Latin American cleaners' struggles in London who faced victimisation who was called Stalin, a brief look around found this for instance:

There was also another cleaner involved in that dispute called Lenin:

I was going to recommend the following to glitch hiker on Kronstadt, but I see he's been banned (don't know if that's just from this thread or if it's a perma ban?) :

I was going to recommend the following to glitch hiker on Kronstadt, but I see he's been banned (don't know if that's just from this thread or if it's a perma ban?) :

Permaban

As a wildly promiscuous user of forums, I have been putting it about on Libcom recently and have uploaded a few pieces on the remarkably wretched Workers Revolutionary Party and its implosion in the mid-80s:

Back
Top Bottom