Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Laura Barnett but someone who's even shitter, Ellie May (loves to lunch with darlings) who declares solidarity with the ASLEF but has no idea why.

Much #solidarity to ASLEF union today. Striking for decent pay - a commendable way to spend Boxing Day.

@MissEllieMae um. No we're not. We want boxing day with our families. The pay request is high so it gets refused.

@severedelays you're saying you deliberately put in for pay that would get refused so you could go on strike and be at home?

:facepalm:

Why did he mean by that? Overpaid wankers? He did some horrendously disingenuous backtracking and said he meant the bosses should be automated, not the workers, but that wouldn't make sense, would it?

Why did he mean by that? Overpaid wankers? He did some horrendously disingenuous backtracking and said he meant the bosses should be automated, not the workers, but that wouldn't make sense, would it?

Because he has to get the bus.

Same on the fucking TV news, wankers whining little kids who've had their lollipops nicked, because they had to take a bus. Boo-fucking-hoo, you cunts! :mad:
I know - so many people use the bus every day, all over the country, it's hardly a big deal. Or do only poor people use the bus now, because I didn't get the memo about this...

I know - so many people use the bus every day, all over the country, it's hardly a big deal. Or do only poor people use the bus now, because I didn't get the memo about this...

I think half these arsewipes believe Thatcher's old dictum about "only people who have failed take buses".
Fuck 'em all with a conger eel!

Well I love buses. Some of the most memorable and formative moments in my life have taken place on buses. I should use them more. These days it's generally when I go to the pub after work and get pissed on my all too frequent 'bad days', then have to catch the bus home. Just got back home on the bus.

Here's what a misogynist I am; I'm gonna slag off the mother-in-law.

If you got a handful of cotton wool, put it on a table, put a biggish encyclopaedia on top, stacked a palette of bricks on top of that, left it for a year then got it out and put it between two pieces of polystyrene, you'd have a virtual clone of the turkey sandwich she handed me earlier...and I fuckin told her so. Cue me standing at the bus stop in the rain...managed to grab a bottle of brandy on the way out...sister in law slips me a spliff...happy fuckin days...staunch bunch of punters on the bus...Christmas type bonhomie prevails.

adeste fideles...no pasaran

I think half these arsewipes believe Thatcher's old dictum about "only people who have failed take buses".
Fuck 'em all with a conger eel!
As I don't drive, the only way to get to work is to liftshare or the bus + a short walk. No liftshare at the moment so bus it is. I'm a failure in that I'm not the CEO of a multinational corporation, but fuck it, I really don't want Thatcher thinking I'm a success because that means I've probably royally shafted many, many people.

As I don't drive, the only way to get to work is to liftshare or the bus + a short walk. No liftshare at the moment so bus it is. I'm a failure in that I'm not the CEO of a multinational corporation, but fuck it, I really don't want Thatcher thinking I'm a success because that means I've probably royally shafted many, many people.

TBF she was only talking about men who were 26 who should account themselves as failures if they took the bus. So either get yersel a chauffeur or hitch a ride with the likes of Paul Daniels, you'll like it, not a lot! etc

TBF she was only talking about men who were 26 who should account themselves as failures if they took the bus. So either get yersel a chauffeur or hitch a ride with the likes of Paul Daniels, you'll like it, not a lot! etc
I'm neither a man nor 26, so I guess I'm ok. A chauffeur would be awesome, but extortionate, given that I do have a disability and would love to be driven to work every day.

Jonnie Marbles is a 26 year old female?

wonder if she had a 'productive' discussion with him like she tried to pretend she did with Dave

Obviously not. 'M' mailed her with suicidal intent and she showcased her credentials with a well publicised critique of the effects of austerity cuts on people with disabilities, ignoring the advice of professionals not to publish and had the audacity to sign off as 'Your friend'. This time she responds with 'Phew' (thank fuck he hasn't topped himself cos then I'd have a difficult time explaining my role in his death.)
She should have a 'productive' discussion with 'M' and at least sort the bloke out with some cash as financial problems seemed to be part of his difficulties. Then she could write a piece about how she saved his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom