Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
make it stop

OK, look away now, the last one here with Malcolm in red shirt:

6583970177_16fa875474_b.jpg

Relevant for us is how in America with millions in poverty, these are some of the people dominating brain-heavy left publishing.
Malcolm Harris is from Palo Alto (median property value - $1.3m), and went to Palo Alto High School, which is something of a rarity in the United States, being a public school with an 11:1 pupil-teacher ratio... Rachel Rosenfelt went to the private Columbia-affiliated Barnard College. Atossa Abrahamian was apparently educated as some kind of haute-bourgeois throwback, first being educated in Geneva and then attending Columbia University. Sarah Leonard went to Columbia too

This is the kind of thing Laurie Penny is encouraging you to pay money to:

"I am a New Inquiry Subscription Drive video and you can too!"

but again some supposed leftist (US probably refering to Maoist Rebel News) idiot has attacked her on misogynistic grounds in the comments. Any useful criticism is killed dead again. (And yes like SN I am upset about the smearing of IWCA and the fact we can't get it together to be direct and non-sexist)

I suppose he would ALSO claim, "I WORK for a living!", eh.

He does work for a living, he's a managing editor at New Inquiry.

He's also just lost his case over the 2011 Occupy New York protest, when 700 who blocked a motorway were arrested. He had tweeted “They tried to stop us, absolutely did not want us on the motorway” (released from Twitter's deep bowels by court order) even though his defence was that protestors were encouraged to go on the motorway by NYPD in how they were arranged, and not warned not to go on the motorway. He now faces 3 days' community service.

chances of a decent munch at that do: 0

I bet the cunts have mini fritters on cocktail sticks. Or organic shit, actual shit but made organically from chemical free bumholes. Mixed up with tamarind and grated yam then deep fried in a batter made from elephant spunk.

Fuck me,I'm so hungry I'd eat that right now

Up to the mountains and down to the villages with him and his ilk.

If people are interested in him, he's the guy who started the rumour that Radiohead might be playing at the Occupy Wall Street, that got the music press, then Russell Simmons, then the mainstream press in a buzz and sent thousands of people to half-clog up the area. A nice idea and it sort of did the job but next time an actual left-wing band does intend to play somewhere at short notice, it'll be the boy who cried wolf, and makes your protest dependent on celebrities anyway.

That woman in the green dress could do with your old brown boots, seeing as she was so pretentious she didn't bother with such an earthy item as footwear.

That woman in the green dress could do with your old brown boots, seeing as she was so pretentious she didn't bother with such an earthy item as footwear.

She's one of those "milk-white skin, red hair and redder lipstick" arty celtic maiden types, she'd probably re-purpose my boots as conceptual art and sell them to one of her friends for enough money to support her coke habit for 8 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom