Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

You don't understand what that document says, do you.
I think I understand what it says but tbh am not very interested in why ‘the value of exported whisky fell by 63%’ is totally separate from ‘people drinking 63% less whiskey’, in this context, unless whiskey is suddenly really cheap. I quite like whiskey.

I think I understand what it says but tbh am not very interested in why ‘the value of exported whisky fell by 63%’ being totally separate from ‘people drinking 63% less whiskey’, in this context, unless whilskey is suddenly really cheap .
Less whisky is going to the EU. This does not mean there is a decline in the amount consumed commensurate with that decline because not all whisky goes to Europe. And if you're not actually interested in it I have to wonder why you've mentioned it at all

Less whisky is going to the EU. This does not mean there is a decline in the amount consumed commensurate with that decline because not all whisky goes to Europe.
and in the short-term, (for that is all we have post Brexit), any downturn in EU imports may well have been more than covered by pre-Brexit stockpiling. I very much doubt that the continentals' Scotch habits have changed radically in 2021.

Be interesting to see what the Feb figures were, then the March, April ...

The tin foil army will have moved by then of course to the latest ‘shock revelation’ about the impending Armageddon as a result of Brexit (neatly ignoring the actual meltdown currently taking hold across the world economy). Fortunately we’ll be here to remind them of their latest folly...

According to the Food and Drink Federation, exports as a whole were down 13.8% in the first half of 2020 compared to the first half of 2019, with exports to the EU down 14.5%.

The bright spots included increases in pork sales to China, sugar sales to Norway, and gin sales to Canada.

According to the Food and Drink Federation, exports as a whole were down 13.8% in the first half of 2020 compared to the first half of 2019, with exports to the EU down 14.5%.

The bright spots included increases in pork sales to China, sugar sales to Norway, and gin sales to Canada.

So pork bellies are up, how’s frozen-concentrated-orange-juice doing?

Pork markets!

India is a massive buyer of scotch. It’s what people want as a sort of prestige gift.
And they’re being badgered by the UK Gov to drop their tariffs , as part of the trade deal.

Back
Top Bottom