Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

Contact the embassy of the first country they go to (or the one where they’ll spend most time) and ask for a talent visa, once they have that they can stay in the EU for far longer than 90 days so long as they are being paid by a non-EU company for doing so, i.e. the ‘talent’ works for (is represented by) an agency in the U.K. - so maybe also set up as a roadie-agent too...although the shortened form of that would be rodent, which ain’t great...
Could you give some real world examples of this seemingly effortless procedure being used by bands, along with a time and cost analysis?

And you know that not many bands don't use agencies and do it all themselves, right?

If it wasn’t for a pesky global pandemic that has closed the hospitality sector, a direct correlation with imports and the fact that the small additional dip due to new regulations had already corrected itself by February Badgers and the Guardian would have found their smoking gun.

Next....
What?

I am working on this shit and your point is?

Could you give some real world examples of this seemingly effortless procedure being used by bands, along with a time and cost analysis?

And you know that not many bands don't use agencies and do it all themselves, right?

My reply was to beesonthewhatnow with regards to sorting out visas for audio technicians (and roadies), so really a bit confused as to why you feel the need to wade in and ask for examples of how this is done for a random profession not under discussion.

Could you give some real examples of roadies going through the procedure you outlined?

Is it stoopid day today? The new rules came in late on 31st December 2020, how many gigs, let alone European tours have taken place since then?

What has happened is a few artists for whom I arrange travel have had need to stay in the EU since early January, they would normally shuttle back and forth between the UK and the EU, but due to Covid restrictions flitting between the two is tricky right now, so whilst they are burning through their 90 days we have been applying for talent visas for them to stay out in the EU for much longer, each so far has been granted 24 months. The process is as described in the post of mine you quoted. The same will apply for all talent, such as audio technicians/roadies.

Is it stoopid day today? The new rules came in late on 31st December 2020, how many gigs, let alone European tours have taken place since then?
It sure seems to be make up stories day. Bands normally book European gigs months or years in advance. Yet hardly any are being booked and there are plenty of examples of Brexit being cited as a result.

If your solution had any practicality, there would be multiple examples of bands/roadies successfully using it already, so I asked you to give some examples and give some ideas of the cost/time involved.

It appears you have no such examples to offer.

What has happened is a few artists for whom I arrange travel have had need to stay in the EU since early January, they would normally shuttle back and forth between the UK and the EU, but due to Covid restrictions flitting between the two is tricky right now, so whilst they are burning through their 90 days we have been applying for talent visas for them to stay out in the EU for much longer, each so far has been granted 24 months. The process is as described in the post of mine you quoted. The same will apply for all talent, such as audio technicians/roadies.
Why has this become about fucking bands again? There’s a whole thread dedicated to the half-dozen people who actually give a toss about this.

It sure seems to be make up stories day. Bands normally book European gigs months or years in advance. Yet hardly any are being booked and there are plenty of examples of Brexit being cited as a result.

If your solution had any practicality, there would be multiple examples of bands/roadies successfully using it already, so I asked you to give some examples and give some ideas of the cost/time involved.

It appears you have no such examples to offer.

No, you steamed in to a conversation where an new oppertunity was being discussed, to start offering visas to technicians and roadies; who better to start this service than someone heavily involved with the industry, but who had recently stepped back from touring?

You asked for examples knowing full well there have not been any tours yet, so you can put that straw man back in his box.

You didn't ask for costs and time, the real life examples I have the countries we have done this with are France, Sweden, Italy and Germany, the cost varied between £130 and £380. The time taken also varied from just over two weeks to five weeks. But we are in a pandemic which means embassies are running on skeleton staff, plus the system is new to the embassy staff, so the processing time is expected to come down.

Last edited:
Why has this become about fucking bands again? There’s a whole thread dedicated to the half-dozen people who actually give a toss about this.

No idea, I was talking about technical talent, but that was hijacked by the 'won't anyone think of the touring bands' crew demanding I provide information of real life examples of things that have not been allowed to happen yet.

I succeeded in getting a equipment to Germany for repair. It may even get back to us now. Required lots of emails, zero money invoices, vat/eori numbers and commodity codes and several sheets of paper. The paper industry will gain from this. For NI you need the same but with different numbers. It's all going so well. I really do have better shit to do with my life.

You didn't ask for costs and time, the real life examples I have the countries we have done this with are France, Sweden, Italy and Germany, the cost varied between £130 and £380. The time taken also varied from just over two weeks to five weeks. But we are in a pandemic which means embassies are running on skeleton staff, plus the system is new to the embassy staff, so the processing time is expected to come down.
So that's plenty of small bands/roadies/band crew priced out of the picture because of shitty fucking Brexit. Any thoughts about them?

So that's plenty of small bands/roadies/band crew priced out of the picture because of shitty fucking Brexit. Any thoughts about them?

My thoughts? If someone can't find what appears to be a maximum of £3.65 a week then perhaps they should consider a different career.

Small band tours of Europe are such a niche industry that their plight shouldn't really keep trashing threads across the boards, we get it that you're pissed off, we heard you the first time, but perhaps it is time to face the reality of the situation and start working on how you can make it happen, if that is what you really want to do and you aren't just up for a moan.

Back
Top Bottom