Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

911cultists--your card is marked, big-time

Aye, I think Fela's mirror's fallen over and given him a bang on the bonce.

With consistency, self-insight and a memory like that it's no wonder that Fela's 'truth seeking' campaign is getting the respect it deserves.

guinnessdrinker said:
Urban 75 a cult :D :D . is the editor the new messiah?

No, but he's a very naughty boy.

life_of_brian.jpg

fela fan said:
According to the mirror theory that makes you (fairly) arrogant.
What the fuck are you babbling on about now? What is this 'mirror theory' please?

fela fan said:
He displays far more humanity on urban than just about every single one of his detractors.
Oh yes. The humanity he showed when he declared a kiddy fiddling multiple killer to be as innocent as the pure driven snow and the victim of a 9/11-linked conspiracy was indeed very touching.

And the compassion he shows when he insists that people were too stupid to not realise that their last, desperate conversations they had with passengers on the hijacked planes were in fact all faked by CIA's Mike Yarwood Squad truly is truly touching.

tarannau said:
Aye, I think Fela's mirror's fallen over and given him a bang on the bonce.

With consistency, self-insight and a memory like that it's no wonder that Fela's 'truth seeking' campaign is getting the respect it deserves.

Oy, you, mongolian sort, my mirror is very steadfast thank you.

And i have no truth-seeking campaign. That would indicate i'm trying to persuade others. I'm not.

As for respect, give it when you want mate, withhold it when you want.

fela fan said:
Can you perhaps take us beyond your own opinions and help explain how you know he's all those things?
Tout hardly needs to be established, unless you're saying he never worked for the secret state, in which case he's even more of a liar than I thought.

As for liar and charlatan, when 9/11 first occurred, Shayler quite emphatically said that it was the result of an "intelligence failure", not a conspiracy. Once his book sales start dropping and people started losing interest in him, he suddenly decided that it was all a conspiracy after all and started surrounding himself with 9/11 nuts.

Besides which, I've seen how he reacts to criticism in person, he didn't come off very well.

fela fan said:
That what you judge others of, you are yourself.

The 911 'Truth' folk judge the rest of us to be gullible dupes. Your 'mirror theory' holds in that particular case!

editor said:
And that's the entire "Mirror Theory"?

Why's it a 'theory' then?

That's the entire theory mate! We as humans have a huge propensity to judge others and their actions by our own criteria.

Interestingly we show more of ourselves in our judgments/ pronouncements than those that we are judging.

As for it being a theory, not for me mate, but a theory can only be that until one takes the practical leap.

So for me it's not theory, but i recognise that it is a theory for others until they either confirm it or disconfirm it for themselves.

I really hope you don't speak like that in real life Fela. It'd be like experiencing a pompous mix of Dick van Dyke ('mate') and that annoying hand-waggling abrupt sentence bloke from Friends.

If you're not trying to persuade people by the way, why the steadfast testimonial and praise for Jazzz. It doesn't need to be said, nor is voicing your opinion detached from the business of trying to persuade others.

<Insert stop-start nonsense sentences and cod-psychology here + numerous jarring 'mate additions>

tarannau said:
I really hope you don't speak like that in real life Fela. It'd be like experiencing a pompous mix of Dick van Dyke ('mate') and that annoying hand-waggling abrupt sentence bloke from Friends.

If you're not trying to persuade people by the way, why the steadfast testimonial and praise for Jazzz. It doesn't need to be said, nor is voicing your opinion detached from the business of trying to persuade others.

<Insert stop-start nonsense sentences and cod-psychology here + numerous jarring 'mate additions>

No, i'm writing here, to strangers (to a degree), not talking. So of course i don't. As for the use of 'mate', it's something that yes i do speak. A lot. It is natural to me, and also compensates for a poor memory for names. Plus i have a lot of admiration for jamaicans (man) and australians (mate).

No, i'm not trying to persuade anybody of anything. Life is too short to do that. As for jazzz, no steadfast praise, that would indicate a whole heap of it. But if he weren't here the place'd be less interesting. Kudos to him for that.

As for voicing my opinion, i'm human man. End of.

In Bloom said:
Tout hardly needs to be established, unless you're saying he never worked for the secret state, in which case he's even more of a liar than I thought.

As for liar and charlatan, when 9/11 first occurred, Shayler quite emphatically said that it was the result of an "intelligence failure", not a conspiracy. Once his book sales start dropping and people started losing interest in him, he suddenly decided that it was all a conspiracy after all and started surrounding himself with 9/11 nuts.

Besides which, I've seen how he reacts to criticism in person, he didn't come off very well.

What's tout?

As for what you say about shaylor, fair enough. i know little more than the fact he's a whistleblower, and i have a natural empathy for such people. But i've not gone beyond that with this man.

fela fan said:
Do you? Who does?

That's no way to judge someone. Look in the mirror mate :D
I've never threatened to punch somebody for disagreeing with my views on 9/11, so I'd say I come off a bit better than Shayler.

JHE said:
The 911 'Truth' folk judge the rest of us to be gullible dupes. Your 'mirror theory' holds in that particular case!

How do you know this? Did they tell you personally? Spell it out?

Or is it just your own mirror shining through...?! Have you considered that this is just your reaction rather than what they're actually doing/saying?

And if anybody is actually doing that, then yes, by my mirror theory (not theory to me, practice, but i've proved it for myself) they are gullible themselves.

JHE said:
Is your admiration reciprocated?

In australia yes, but much to my chagrin i've yet to go to jamaica. But i pretty much guess i'd be accepted well enough over there. For obvious reasons really.

In Bloom said:
I've never threatened to punch somebody for disagreeing with my views on 9/11, so I'd say I come off a bit better than Shayler.

So that makes you a better person than shaylor does it? Hope it makes you feel good man.

What's tout?

fela fan said:
In australia yes, but much to my chagrin i've yet to go to jamaica. But i pretty much guess i'd be accepted well enough over there. For obvious reasons really.
If fela fan didn't exist, it'd be necessary to invent him :D

Lock&Light said:
What the hell do you mean by that?

Interferin' again mate? What's it actually got to do with you eh? Thing is, the person i was speaking to will know very well what i meant.

Pity you couldn't access the full context.

Try harder next time mate.

fela fan said:
So that makes you a better person than shaylor does it? Hope it makes you feel good man.
Dunno about "better person", but (and call me crazy if you like), I don't think that threatening people with physical violence for disagreeing with you over some pointless irrelevant hobbyism makes him look particularly big or clever.

What's tout?
Tout (v.) - "to squeal, to tell tales, to inform the police of illegal activites."

HTH. HAND :)

In Bloom said:
If fela fan didn't exist, it'd be necessary to invent him :D

I am invented, that is not my real name...

Either way, i'll take that as a compliment, but wise is the man who receives praise and blame with equal pinches of salt...

What is tout?

In Bloom said:
Dunno about "better person", but (and call me crazy if you like), I don't think that threatening people with physical violence for disagreeing with you over some pointless irrelevant hobbyism makes him look particularly big or clever.

Tout (v.) - "to squeal, to tell tales, to inform the police of illegal activites."

HTH. HAND :)

Physical threats of violence just betray small egos. For whatever reason, small or big. So, no, not crazy.

Ah, okay, i understand. Is it a bad thing though? Or does it depend on what kind of illegality it is?

And sorry, but what is hth. hand?

Lock&Light said:
What the hell do you mean by that?

To be fair to Fela, it's a comment based on my tagline, itself a play on the fact that I'm as equally 'Middle Eastern' and swarthy in appearance as a certain Brazilian unfortunate.

fela fan said:
As for the use of 'mate', it's something that yes i do speak. A lot. It is natural to me, and also compensates for a poor memory for names. Plus i have a lot of admiration for jamaicans (man) and australians (mate).

Got to love that comment though. Fela claims (understandably) not to write in the same way he might communciate verbally. But then uses 'mate' in posts because he has a poor memory for names, despite every poster's tag being listed every on each post. Fela also apparently says mate a lot because he has admiration for australians,

...Next week, Fela 'admires' the Austrians by yodelling after every post. It is all 'natural' to him apparently, not at all reductive, or a bit of vaguely insulting unfortunate mimickry.

tarannau said:
To be fair to Fela, it's a comment based on my tagline, itself a play on the fact that I'm as equally 'Middle Eastern' and swarthy in appearance as a certain Brazilian unfortunate.

Got to love that comment though. Fela claims (understandably) not to write in the same way he might communciate verbally. But then uses 'mate' in posts because he has a poor memory for names, despite every poster's tag being listed every on each post. Fela also apparently says mate a lot because he has admiration for australians,

...Next week, Fela 'admires' the Austrians by yodelling after every post. It is all 'natural' to him apparently, not at all reductive, or a bit of vaguely insulting unfortunate mimickry.

Ahh, the problems of written communication... fair enough.

Look, i've used mate and man for two fucking decades man. Furthermore i tend to write in the same manner that i speak. The two forms of communication have many differences, but email and internet are converging the two. So if you wish to have a go at me for this, fair enough.

As for the memory bit, it does not apply to my posturings on urban.

Have i gone mad? Maybe, but i don't give a toss...

Back
Top Bottom