Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

9/11 media happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazzz said:
But most importantly, one doesn't have to, because as I've already explained (and challenged BTL, who fell silent on the issue) is that NIST don't even bother explaining the collapse itself - it just models the WTC up to the point of failure - which of course it can make all the assumptions about the fire temperature/column damage it needs to do. So - we don't actually have a theory of how the building collapsed at all.

Fuck off you pretentious tit. We dealt with that ages ago, fallen silent! Why the fuck have you fallen silent about the tens of different questions i and others have asked?

No structure on earth would survive that impact and only your insane obsession with conspiracies would lead you to belive it.

Hypocritical fuckwit. :rolleyes:

Deary, deary me.....again

Jazzz said:
If I need to comment about collapse initiation and the core - how did it start? Obviously no-one sliced the core up, raise the whole upper section, and then let it fall down again. But if not how else did it fail? I cannot think of a way other than buckling. But in that case, the tower should have toppled. Of course, NIST, nor any other official body, appear to have addressed this question.

Jazz,

It is clear that you are not interested in properly addressing any evidence put to you, and consequently that you have no interest in what actually happened on 9/11.

In your post to me, you claim that you are merely trying to show that an undamaged core would stand by itself. I'll deal with that seperately, however the point is academic as we know that the core was damaged in the impact.

The collapse mechanism is quite clear. As you seem to have problems with reading comprehension, I'll just take you through it again:

1. Outer facade is compromised by impact damage.

2. Inner core is compromised by impact damage.

3. Floor trusses are weakened due to fire.

4. Trusses sag, resulting in inwards bowing of outer load bearing facade.

5. Outer facade can no longer carry loads.

6. Hat trusses redistribute some of load to core.

7. Core load exceeds capacity and core fails.

8. Progressive collapse.

How would the core have failed? Well, when loads exceed design capcity failure is typically due to shear at the joints and/or buckling of the members. Nothing unusual there.

We have absolutely no calculations or source for your amazing 600% safety factor/redundancy in core load bearing capacity.

Now we know from the article/presentation which you posted that the load of the upper structure was some 64 times the loadbearing capacity of the lower structure.

So on what basis do you make your quite incredible claim that the demolition of the core would have been necessary?

Jazzz said:
You are right that 'pyroclastic' refers specifically to volcanic flows. I should have said 'akin to a pyroclastic surge'. Those videos don't look akin to pyroclastic flows at all to me - they look like simple clouds blowing with the wind, rather than the extroardinary billowing upon billowing forming 'cauliflower' patterns - formed by the ejection of thick dust into air under tremendous pressure.

site1074.jpg

A pyroclastic surge - video

I find it highly amusing that the photograph you use here actually shows the lower core "spire" which stood for 15 to 20 seconds following the main collapse, hence completely rubbishing your claim that the core was exploded at low level in order to initiate collapse.

Tell me, do you actually think about the evidence which you post? Because time and time again - be it photographs or articles - you actually debunk yourself.

But let's scan back, as ever.

It was YOU who claimed that there was something suspicious about the dust cloud - specifically that it was a pyroclastic flow or surge. Which clearly it isn't, on account of thousands of people and buildings not being incinerated in the searing heat.

What you've NOT done is say why it's suspicious or what conclusion we sould draw from it. So on you go; tell us, in detail and quoting sources, what is so important about the dust cloud characteristics. Then we can all respond without you claiming to have been misrepresented.

And if you can't post such an explanation, or miss out key evidencial support, then don't blame us later. YOU'RE the one proposing the hypothesis, not us, and it's your job to show that you've got a case. Otherwise you're just indulging in baseless speculation.

Jazzz said:
I am trying to stick to the single issue which I thought was under discussion - whether the core (undamaged) would stay up by itself.

1. In fact, Jazz, as your other posts here show, it's quite clear that you're trying to claim that the core would have supported the building following failure of floors and hence we should conclude there was foul play.

2. Under such circumstances you must also address issues such the damage to the core, likely additional damage due to collapse sequence of surrounding fabric, and so on.

3. The structure of the towers (and in fact all such tall buildings) is a complex, closely interlinked system. Trying to focus on one element whilst ignoring the effects on that element of other key factors is a clear indicator that you don't actually understand mechanics or building structures in any sort of competent way.

So that's why I haven't gone on about core damage. However if I was, I could point out that in the NIST model, the extraordinary assumption was made that if a core column had ANY damage it was considered to have totally failed.

4. I'm going to have to ask for your source on that Jazz, because I don't believe it to be accurate.

5. If we look at the full NIST report, they identify a number of different structural models ranging from low to high overall damage. Within each of these models they classify columns as being lightly, moderately, heavily damaged, or completely severed.

6. It is quite clear that moderate damage and above will have affected the loadbearing capacity of that member, whether by weakening the steel or (much more likely) affecting the adjacent joints and hence increasing susceptibility to shear load.

7. However it's clear that believe I misrepresent your views, so why don't you tell US how you believe the damage to toe core should have been calculated in the structural models and where exactly NIST got it wrong? Remember to include all the details.

Another assumption was that there was absolutely no heat conducted down the columns!

8. And what proportion of the heat should have been conducted away by the steel structure? Remember to quote real sources, with calculations and so on.

NIST don't even bother explaining the collapse itself - it just models the WTC up to the point of failure - which of course it can make all the assumptions about the fire temperature/column damage it needs to do. So - we don't actually have a theory of how the building collapsed at all.

9. You seem to be get confused again. We actually dealt with this before. and the paper which you quoted at us indicates that the transfered load would exceed capacity by a factor of around 64. Or do you not agree with that paper anymore.

10. In any event Frank Greening has dealt with this at length, alebit using a simplified model, and although I've mentioned it a number of times previously you've never actually come forward with any comments on his work.

it's really very obvious that a core comprising of 47 columns made of incredibly thick steel (10cm at the base) with deep foundations into bedrock and interlatticed - able to hold millions of tons is going to go pretty much as high as you damn well like.

11. Where are your calculations?

12. YOU say that each tower actually weighed only 500,000 tonnes, and we've proven that the core did not carry all of this, together with which you have failed to justify your 600% figure. Simply shouting "millions of tons" isn't going to cut it as an argument.

I note you poke fun at my factor of redundancy,

13. In the real world, asking for a source for an important piece of evidence isn't considered to be poking fun. Am I to take it from this that you don't in fact have any substantial source or detailed calculations?

I note also that while happy to go on about the floors, you ignored the point about the hat truss being able to hold up the outer shell via the core.

14. What evidence do you have that the hat truss is sufficiently robust to accept a transfered cantilever load in the order of (say) 200,000-250,000 tonnes?

I emailed both Mr. Eagar and Tim Wilkinson on the question of whether the central core would stand up for itself. Interestingly, neither has responded, which surprises me as all here consider it a simple proposition.

15. That you think the structural issues surrounding the collapse are simple merely confirms your own very limited understanding of engineering and mechanics.

Debating with Jazzz is an utterly pointless activity. He's as unshakeable in his faith as the most fervent creationist Christian nutjob.

A Quick Summary

Just so that we all know where you've been caught out so far Jazz.

1. The FE quote

2. Free Fall times

3. Intensity of Fires

4. Claims of core integrity

5. Safety factors in the design

6. Weight of towers

7. Damage to core colums

8. Pyroclastic flows

In addition you have refused to back up your argument about horizontal debris.

I have to say, Jazz, that if I were in your position I'd be taking a long, hard look at why I still believed in controlled demolition and other ridiclous CT theories connected to the towers.

Blagsta said:
Debating with Jazzz is an utterly pointless activity. He's as unshakeable in his faith as the most fervent creationist Christian nutjob.

In all fairness, I've never seen someone debunk themselves quite as often. His arguments are laughable and he has no idea how to assess evidence/sources.

TheArchitect said:
His arguments are laughable and he has no idea how to assess evidence/sources.

Yep. Everyone's been telling him so for fucking years. He refuses to listen.

These days I usually just point and laugh.

Blagsta said:
Yep. Everyone's been telling him so for fucking years. He refuses to listen.

These days I usually just point and laugh.

This is one of the things that amazes me about CTers. If I had that many educated, informed experts all saying "you're wrong" and explaining all the mistakes in my crackpot theories, then every now and again I might have a moment of self-doubt. But these guys just keep going, without any evidence of self-analysis.

Spectacular. But not in a good way.:rolleyes:

ETA: By educated, informed experts I don't necessarily mean me; I'm thinking of, like, ICE, OveArup, Edinburgh University, Sheffield University, MIT, and so on.

TheArchitect said:
8. Pyroclastic flows
Don't forget:

8. Offering a remotely credible explanation as to how the explosives were brought into the building, installed and wired in without a single soul seeing a thing.

editor said:
Don't forget:

8. Offering a remotely credible explanation as to how the explosives were brought into the building, installed and wired in without a single soul seeing a thing.

Don't worry, I intent to address that with Jazz in due course but it's kinda moot when we're showing that the collapse is not consisent with CD.

ETA: He's on right now, no doubt getting ready to post the sources for his 600% safety margin and column damage calc. (aye, right)

Bob_the_lost said:
Fuck off you pretentious tit. We dealt with that ages ago, fallen silent! Why the fuck have you fallen silent about the tens of different questions i and others have asked?

No structure on earth would survive that impact and only your insane obsession with conspiracies would lead you to belive it.

Hypocritical fuckwit. :rolleyes:
I said that NIST didn't have a theory for the collapse of the core once collapse initiation had been reached. You said it did, but that I was unable to understand it.

So, I asked you what it was, and to provide the link as to what the explanation was.

You didn't provide any link - of course not, because there is no such explanation.

And now you are bleating that I am a 'hypocritical fuckwit'? :rolleyes: :mad:

I'll produce a post on the rest of this later. In the meantime I have better things to do.

TheArchitect said:

1. The FE quote

2. Free Fall times

3. Intensity of Fires

6. Weight of towers

7. Damage to core colums

8. Pyroclastic flows

I have to say, Jazz, that if I were in your position I'd be taking a long, hard look at why I still believed in controlled demolition and other ridiclous CT theories connected to the towers.

Do any of these explain the collapse of WTC7?

jazzz - still waiting for a reply to my question about missiles from the planes. Do you still believe this, or is it just CD nowadays?

taffboy gwyrdd said:
Do any of these explain the collapse of WTC7?

Am I to assume that you believe that WTC7 was controlled demolition?

I'll be quite happy to engage you in discussion regarding this once I've finished dealing with WTC1 and 2 with Jazz, if that's what you want. But it would probably be an even better idea if we wait for the final NIST report to come out first, so that you can tell us what bits you disagree with.

beesonthewhatnow said:
jazzz - still waiting for a reply to my question about missiles from the planes. Do you still believe this, or is it just CD nowadays?

Could be worse; what got me into this whole 911 debunking thing was a brush with Holmgren and his idiot pal the webfairy, who are complete "no planers"......"no brainers" more lilke.....:D

Jazzz said:
I said that NIST didn't have a theory for the collapse of the core once collapse initiation had been reached. You said it did, but that I was unable to understand it.

So, I asked you what it was, and to provide the link as to what the explanation was.

You didn't provide any link - of course not, because there is no such explanation.

And now you are bleating that I am a 'hypocritical fuckwit'? :rolleyes: :mad:
What? No answer to any of the questions i posed?

No?

Fuck off you pretentious hypocritical fuckwit.

Once again, silence decends as Jazz desperately tries to recover from a hopeless position........or, of course, he simply has something better to do on a Saturday evening!

TheArchitect said:

1. The FE quote

Not at all - on the contrary, you keep trying to twist it

2. Free Fall times
Again, not at all

3. Intensity of Fires
I made a minor error where I suggested that ALL fire was out at the South Tower - other than that I've been shown totally correct in that there was no actual evidence of any 'inferno' - there wasn't

I've been proved totally correct on that, notably Crispy (the one person with whom I've been having any kind of meaningful discourse) appears to now realise that the core was more than capable of standing on its own

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that a structure labelled 'incredibly redudant' would have a significant redundancy factor. 600% seems hardly unreasonable. On the contrary, 100% (the figure you seem to want me to accept) is obviously way off.

6. Weight of towers
eh?

7. Damage to core colums
I haven't contested that core colums could have been damaged in the impact. I can only think you are again twisting my concentration on the question of whether the core could stand for itself (which you bizzarely think is not possible) to think I was somehow arguing that they were not damaged at all. It's impossible trying to have a discussion with this kind of nonsense

8. Pyroclastic flows
You suggested at the start of the thread that it was only the 'squibs' which were possible evidence of CD. As has been shown there are plenty of other considerations to be looked at. One of those might be the nature of the dust cloud (incidentally its also claimed that the energy required to pulverise to concrete into the fine powder would be more than the gravitational energy of the collapse). I haven't made a big deal about it. If you are going bananas over the semantics (I should have said 'akin to a pyroclastic flow) then well.

What's the point of arguing with you?

If you were in my position mate you might be wondering why you were wasting your time bothering with someone who seemingly has all day to misrepresent and patronise, and produce huge childish lists of 'points'. I confess, I am thoroughly weary of you and am failing to see the point of attempting to address your concerns just so you can repeat the same crap.

I might continue with Crispy, although he seems not to have come back as promised. Enough of you TA.

Jazzz said:
If you were in my position mate you might be wondering why you were wasting your time bothering with someone who seemingly has all day to misrepresent and patronise, and produce huge childish lists of 'points'. I confess, I am thoroughly weary of you and am failing to see the point of attempting to address your concerns just so you can repeat the same crap.
Admit it: you've been so comprehensively outgunned by his superior knowledge and training, that you simply can't answer his highly relevant points.

Why else would you keep on refusing to answer the important and highly relevant points that he's repeatedly asked you to comment on?

But no need to take my word on that - read what others are saying in this thread. You're fooling no one, chum.

Jazzz said:
I made a minor error where I suggested that ALL fire was out at the South Tower - other than that I've been shown totally correct in that there was no actual evidence of any 'inferno' - there wasn't

What would you call the mass of flames leaping out of the windows on the 81st / 82nd floor then?

WouldBe said:
What would you call the mass of flames leaping out of the windows on the 81st / 82nd floor then?
by the time the South Tower collapsed - one or two windows. I'd suggest they are small fires. An 'inferno' would look very different (see pictures of the Windsor Building, in case you missed them).

Don't forget that NIST fudged their model too. Here's the source which TA was requesting, that their model ignored the effect of heat being conducted down the steel columns away from the fire:

Ignored Conduction?

NIST calibrated its computer model of heat transfer to the steel structure using thermally isolated pieces of steel. NIST does not appear to have taken into account the role of heat conduction within the steel structure in lowering the temperatures of the fire-exposed steel.

NIST apparently ignored thermal conduction within its model of the steel structure. Since steel is a good conductor of heat, and the steel in the Twin Towers' structures was well connected, their massive steel structures would have drawn heat away from the parts that were exposed to fire. The Report describes a model of "The Fire-Structure Interface", and describes the computation of heat transfer between the air and the steel structure, but it does not mention the conduction of heat along spans of the steel structure. (p 131-2/181-2) The suspicion that NIST simply ignored the conduction of heat within the steel is corroborated by the Report's disclosure that they used heat transfer tests on isolated steel elements to calibrate their model. (p 134/184)

Plenty more rubbishing of the NIST report

Jazzz said:
What's the scientific qualifications of the author of that article please and why are you preferring to believe his analysis over the expert analysis of hugely qualified experts and peer review from independent universities?

*checks: right. He has zero qualifications in the areas of demolition and skyscraper structural engineering. But still Jazzz prefers to believe him over infinitely more qualified experts all over the world.

On what grounds are you rejecting the overwhelming body of analysis from properly qualified experts, Jazzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom