Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

50 years

This makes for interesting reading. The '68 charts Top 100 1968 - UK Music Charts

Brilliant year for big OTT orchestral pop: Love Affair, The Casuals, Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich, Barry Ryan, Foundations and more

And Gary Puckett:

Young girl
Get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

With all the charms of a woman
You've kept the secret of your youth
You led me to believe you're old enough
To give me Love
And now it hurts to know the truth

Beneath your perfume and make-up
You're just a baby in disguise
And though you know that it's wrong to be
Alone with me
That come on look is in your eyes

So hurry home to your mama
I'm sure she wonders where you are
Get out of here before I have the time
To change my mind
Cause I'm afraid we'll go too far

Unbelievable.

50 years since i nearly died of pneumonia having been left out in the smog by the child minder.

50 years since the beginning of the 1968/69 football season, which marked the beginning of Man Utd’s decline and eventual relegation.

Feels apt :(

Today, 50 years ago, the Troubles began

image.jpg

I know I opened about this but was reminded of this again this morning when reading an article about The Who (worth repeating)

Woodstock-poster-58add9ce5f9b58a3c9d3375b.jpg

50 years (tomorrow) since Jan Palach sets himself alight in Wenceslas Square to protest the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia

I had a mk1, flame red, black vinyl top, rusty as fuck, with a dodgy chassis. The front used to role about when you got over 60mph and it felt like it was about to take off. Oh, and you could open the doors with a 50 pence piece :thumbs:

Some dead leg on radio just said it was fifty years ago today since the Beatles filmed their last performance together above the Apple building.

Yep, heard that early this morning. I gather very few witnessed it, although many heard it from the street below. Lennon forgot the words to one or two numbers.

It's 50 years ago this year since I fell in love with, and had my heart broken, by a beautiful Italian girl I met in Rome. I still remember her introducing me to the wonders of cappuccino and real espresso. For four days she was everything to me. Then I saw her kissing someone else.

Dads Army is just over 50 and Still being shown on television. Sadly, all except one of the main cast no more.

Back
Top Bottom