Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Falklands 40 years on ..

Argentina uses any excuse to claim the Falklands during covid it was the long distance luthansia flight that landed at MPA that as normal procedure asked for permission to divert to argentina in case of problems. argentina claimed this was germany recognising Argentinas claims which came as a shock to the Germans!
:D

Catholics do love a bit of fascism

Ive looked back on the now very old posts I put here.

Must say Im surprised such an ignorant borderline racist remark as this about Irish people hasn't already been questioned.

I work a lot with an Irish guy now. Good friend of mine.

He has not got anything good to say about the Catholic church and its power over Irish Republic for years.

Ive looked back on the now very old posts I put here.

Must say Im surprised such an ignorant borderline racist remark as this about Irish people hasn't already been questioned.

I work a lot with an Irish guy now. Good friend of mine.

He has not got anything good to say about the Catholic church and its power over Irish Republic for years.
Good I got no tolerance for people who come here to work and then slag it off.

Anyone denigrating the Holy Mother Church should burn in this life just as they surely shall in the next. A more old school type of government inquiry.

So, a few months ago, Xavier Milei was doing the usual usual new Argentinian president schtik and banging the table about how British sovereignty over the Falklands must end, and that fuckwit Simon Jenkins was agreeing with him in The Guardian.

It seems his opinion has softened now and he accepts that The Falklands are British, and that he'll pursue diplomatic channels, like he ever had any choice. It's taken one of their most nationalistic leaders for decades, to realise that they've been talking bollocks all this time and presumably, now kick this into the long grass for a couple of years until the next time someone wants to win a few votes in Argentina.

Shouldn't the rest of them just call it a day as well, and accept that The Falklands aren't, never were, and will never be, Argentinian?

I’m not sure what it’s trying to say.

“We lost a war over this place in 1982”?

It’s a bit like the British gobbing off about “Yorktown 1781”.

Probably stuck there by an Argentine - you know, the kind of patriot who goes to live in another country as quickly as they can while telling everyone how fabulous their homeland is...

Back
Top Bottom