Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

50 years

Here's the UK top 30 for late August 1968:

Official Singles Chart Top 40 | Official Charts Company

Any day now Hey Jude is going to be released.

Na na na na

Meanwhile Soviet troops are all over Czechoslovakia like a rash and tomorrow Sobers is going to get six sixes in one over.

And I am 11.

ETA: In November when I'm 12 I'm going to buy Albatross by Fleetwood Mac with some of my birthday money. My first record purchase apart from Pinky and Perky.

Thank you for the Gary Sobers clip.

Just passed 50 years since the '68 Russian Invasion of Czechoslovakia. Which sucked, although I wouldn't exist without it, as otherwise my mum wouldn't have got stuck in the UK accidentally, then exiled for 21 years.

the last Routemaster bus built for London arrived in 1968

37875255802_7f194e3172_b.jpg

50 years since we landed on the moon and we have a huge percentage of people subscribing to a flat earth, I had a bloke adamant the other day telling me that gravity was unproven, didn't change his view even as I dropped multiple bolts, nuts and washers onto him when he was working below me.

18th of February 1968, Belfast XR369, Changi to Tan Son Nhut and return. Taking ambulances and emergency supplies into Saigon for the British Embassy.

Here's the UK top 30 for late August 1968:

Official Singles Chart Top 40 | Official Charts Company

Any day now Hey Jude is going to be released.

Na na na na

Meanwhile Soviet troops are all over Czechoslovakia like a rash and tomorrow Sobers is going to get six sixes in one over.

And I am 11.

ETA: In November when I'm 12 I'm going to buy Albatross by Fleetwood Mac with some of my birthday money. My first record purchase apart from Pinky and Perky.

I can remember about 90% of the songs in the charts.

It is nearly 50 years since man landed on the moon. Also nearly 50 years since the peace n love of Woodstock. Just unbelievable.
What other great 50's are coming up?

May 68' just went... saw v little in the way of meejah coverage, but that's no bad thing imo

50 years since we landed on the moon and we have a huge percentage of people subscribing to a flat earth, I had a bloke adamant the other day telling me that gravity was unproven, didn't change his view even as I dropped multiple bolts, nuts and washers onto him when he was working below me.
images
Morons not knowing what a theory means.

Back
Top Bottom