Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I am having to really impress on OH right now the importance of him NOT feeding Jakey with bits of fish or similar items of treat food.

We're in prescription diet territory, he can't have too much protein or food that is too fatty or oily - so he certainly can't have a bit of salmon or tuna.

Sorry OH, sorry Jakey. :(

I'm in the same territory with madam just now - The higher iodine content of most fish-based cat food is also an issue where the thyroid is concerned.

I only very occasionally give her a very tiny bit of something fishy as a treat now - mainly when she has got completely bored with her more limited diet these days. :(

How's Lilith doing, LeytonCatLady, any better?
Awww, she's good, thank you for asking! Eye still slightly runny but not as much as it was, and she's not sneezing or coughing any more. She woke me up as usual this morning demanding breakfast and she's eaten all her dinner. I guessed she'd probably be fine in a day or two but the anxious mum in me took over.

Awww, she's good, thank you for asking! Eye still slightly runny but not as much as it was, and she's not sneezing or coughing any more. She woke me up as usual this morning demanding breakfast and she's eaten all her dinner. I guessed she'd probably be fine in a day or two but the anxious mum in me took over.
Ahhhh, glad she's getting better and got her appetite. Oh yeah, know exactly what you mean!

I got spurned by four different neighbour cats this morning. One gave my finger a sniff and no more; the other three would only look at me from about 5 metres, certainly not bothering to expend any energy.
Surely you should know by now that showing interest in a cat is a good way to get them to ignore you?

Jesus Christ! Just come downstairs to find a scene of avian gore on Mrs SFM’s chair - what used to be a bird (Not for the squeamish hence the spoiler…😳) 100/1 this is Vic’s wicked work….

"I got this for you because I love you and fancy you but then I got hungry so I ate it but then I got full so I stopped. Hope you like it."

jo.jpg

file.jpg

Surely you should know by now that showing interest in a cat is a good way to get them to ignore you?
You say that, but there's another who lives very close to me, who comes bounding up to me when she sees me. Every cat has their own peculiarities - chin, tummy, nose, etc. This one loves the very base of her spine being rubbed aggressively. She crouches right down at the front and waves her arsehole in the air, as if she's in a particularly misogynistic ghettotech video.

You say that, but there's another who lives very close to me, who comes bounding up to me when she sees me. Every cat has their own peculiarities - chin, tummy, nose, etc. This one loves the very base of her spine being rubbed aggressively. She crouches right down at the front and waves her arsehole in the air, as if she's in a particularly misogynistic ghettotech video.
You have a way with words!

My Jakey is like that, we ask him to go rollyboy and on his back he goes then it is "grrrr Jakey Tum-Tums, Jakey Tum-Tums" while he is having tummy rubs and he is rolling around with his legs all in the air and purring really loudly.

And YES I can blow raspberries on his tummy too :D

Yes we are a bit bonkers, in a good way I hope :D

Didn't surprise me too much when the vet said he was absolutely fine with having an abdominal ultrasound and just purred and talked to the vet the whole way through :D

Hopefully don't need to take Zoe to the vet again until August - she's responding well to the thyroid medication and her early stage kidney disease is still at an early stage. The vet has recommended Royal Canin early renal food.

Bet anything she doesn't like it.

The vet also suggested we weigh her every so often to check for weight loss. That sounds about as feasible as trying to clean a cat's teeth. I'm trying to imagine weighing the laundry basket, putting her in it, and trying to get a reading. I don't foresee success. :D

But all in all, hopefully she's not too bad for a 17 year old puss.

Hopefully don't need to take Zoe to the vet again until August - she's responding well to the thyroid medication and her early stage kidney disease is still at an early stage. The vet has recommended Royal Canin early renal food.

Bet anything she doesn't like it.

The vet also suggested we weigh her every so often to check for weight loss. That sounds about as feasible as trying to clean a cat's teeth. I'm trying to imagine weighing the laundry basket, putting her in it, and trying to get a reading. I don't foresee success. :D

But all in all, hopefully she's not too bad for a 17 year old puss.

Hope all continues to go well!

Royal Canin foods come with a "satisfaction guarantee" - if your cat doesn't like it, they'll refund you.
We've never had to take advantage of this offer but our vet makes it clear, if they don't like it just return it for a refund.

My Jakey loves the early renal (both wet and dry), but he is not a fussy cat.

I have been getting it from the vet as we were waiting for tests, but it is expensive, now we know that is what Jakey needs to be on I'll order from petdrugsonline.co.uk which is considerably cheaper (I've ordered prescription dry from them before, their delivery is not as fast as some other suppliers but it did turn up and was cheaper).

does she accept being picked up? traditional is to pick kitty up and step on the scales, then repeat without kitty.

if not, then i think any attempt is doomed to failure...

Back
Top Bottom