Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Since Jakey was having issues with vomming last week (not related to the above convo about one-off vomming, this is due to his recent health conditions) I've been feeding his wet food divvied up into smaller portions with a 1 hour gap between them, and adding water and giving it a stir so it ends up with a thinner gravy (the latter I started yesterday because the vet told me it's important to get as much water into him as possible) and it's going well so far, he hasn't brought it up since I started on the smaller portions (so half a portion fed at his usual time, then the other an hour later).

I used to do this with Radar too when he was having problems with chronic vomiting, which was a fairly persistent issue for him after his major illness where he had a feeding tube for a bit, which gave me the idea to try it with Jakey. Anything that helps him keep his grub down is good.

I think he's still feeling a bit nauseous, every so often he does a sort of hiccupping thing and I think he might be about to bring stuff up. Will keep a close eye on it and ring the vet if he starts vomming again. He otherwise seems OK today, very cuddly and was running around investigating things earlier.
So glad he's perked up!

Akiro in the flat not in a hurry to leave. looks like he might be staying the night.

PXL-20220524-193156777.jpg

PXL-20220524-202412682.jpg

PXL-20220524-205001856.jpg

Since Jakey was having issues with vomming last week (not related to the above convo about one-off vomming, this is due to his recent health conditions) I've been feeding his wet food divvied up into smaller portions with a 1 hour gap between them, and adding water and giving it a stir so it ends up with a thinner gravy (the latter I started yesterday because the vet told me it's important to get as much water into him as possible) and it's going well so far, he hasn't brought it up since I started on the smaller portions (so half a portion fed at his usual time, then the other an hour later).

Yes - Madam has become more prone to vomiting as she's got older. First after her Gingivitis where she lost quite a few teeth, so tended to bolt her food, particularly dry food, then bring it back-up. So for a long time I barely fed her any and only smaller pieces-type foods. Although she now manages the thyroid-type dry food better than the tinned, which is good but again, it is smaller pieces.

As her thyroid began to fail though, she began throwing-up much more often - sometimes several times a day and alongside the medication, feeding her smaller portions more regularly became the thing. So I've got one of those programmable feeders and split her day's food into smaller portions between the trays and she is managing that very well.

Plus, after years of trying, she has learned to go for her litter tray to throw-up, which avoids a "flying lesson" out the nearest door/window when she starts to wretch. :)

That is some Advanced-level kitteh training right there, normally they throw up over the duvet, duvet cover, pillows and sheet and for added lols wipe their arses on the rug.

Aye, Jakey once threw up on my lap because he couldn't be bothered to move.

Lilith was sneezing today and I noticed a green discharge from her right eye. She seems healthy enough in herself but I'm going to take her to the vet anyway. They're fully booked today but said to ring back first thing in the morning to get her an appointment. She's lively and is clearing her plate as usual, so I'm not overly worried but I'd rather make sure she's checked over. I have gently wiped the green stuff away with a cotton bud dabbed in warm salty water as advised by the vet I spoke to on the phone, and both eyes are wide open. She was more put out about me holding her down while wiping her eye but co-operated - think she trusts me by now. I'm just dreading the cat carrier battles tomorrow! Hopefully nothing worse than a bit of a cold.

Back
Top Bottom