Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Taking Viv up the vets later, she's not weight bearing on her front paw - hopping about like a tripod, poor thing. I can't see any wound and from the way she's carrying it, suspect the issue is in the actual leg rather than the paw itself.
Fingers crossed it's nothing major, May.

I hope she is doing ok (((Viv)))
Hmmm, not sure really. She's eating and using the litter box okay, and spending even more time than usual asleep, but the limp hasn't improved at all. In fact it looks a little worse, and she seems more listless (albeit hard to tell with such lazy animals :rolleyes: she could just be bored).

I think we will try and take her back to the vet tomorrow. I know she only went on Tuesday, but I'm worried she's in pain or feeling increasingly crappy and don't want to leave it over the bank holiday weekend.

Hmmm, not sure really. She's eating and using the litter box okay, and spending even more time than usual asleep, but the limp hasn't improved at all. In fact it looks a little worse, and she seems more listless (albeit hard to tell with such lazy animals :rolleyes: she could just be bored).

I think we will try and take her back to the vet tomorrow. I know she only went on Tuesday, but I'm worried she's in pain or feeling increasingly crappy and don't want to leave it over the bank holiday weekend.

If she's been given medications (injection or at home treatment) and you are not seeing any improvement at all yet then it seems very sensible to get her seen before the bank holiday if you can.

It is a long way upthread now, but when my Jakey recently injured himself he had an injection at the vet and 5 days of Metacam (once a day on his wet food at dinner time) and there was a very visible improvement by day 3, so yeah I think at least phone the vet to see what they suggest - they might say give it another few days, but it won't hurt to at least phone and ask.

Best of luck to her :)

Back
Top Bottom