Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Finally put a catflap in, took a few goes to put Kizzy through and programme her microchip, took one go with Misty funnily enough
Kizzy was going through the hole before we even put the flap in :D which I though was a good sign but not sure she knows that she can come back in through it yet :facepalm: as have had to pick her up and put her through a couple of times.
Also outside when I got up today and had to open door for her. Hope she gets it soon!

i think some stray cat has read this thread, and has been meowing at neighbour's door every morning the last few days and hanging around most of the time.

neighbour's kitty is not impressed.

local vet won't take stray kitty in and scan them for a chip unless they are injured. neighbour is going to try cats protection...

Mavro is Greek for black, a suitable name for the cat who strolled in out of the garden and commenced to give herself a good wash and brush up yesterday afternoon but who, unnoticed by me, then settled down on a dining chair under the table, hidden by a dangling table cloth, and gone to sleep.

I forgot all about her until it was my bed time, I’d sat up late re-watching Sherlock, but I discovered her still happily asleep when I did my nightly checks before bed. She didn’t react violently when I picked her up, just clung on to the chair cushion, but I got a strong feeling that she might be pregnant. There was no way that I was going to let her stay in the apartment all night. But when I put her down she shot under the dining table and when I shooed her out from under there she ran behind a settee and from there to behind the T.V. mewing piteously all the time. I opened the front and the back doors as well as the big sliding windows but she had retreated to a corner under my computer desk, dislodging a surprising amount of dust and fluff as she went. Eventually I managed to get her to go out with the aid of a large towel but when I turned to shut the back door I was met by another cat who’d sneaked in behind me. A briskly shaken bath towel saw him off though.

So I was late to bed.

I saw Mavro again this afternoon stretched out in the shade of an olive tree in the garden, but she didn’t see me.

i think some stray cat has read this thread, and has been meowing at neighbour's door every morning the last few days and hanging around most of the time.

neighbour's kitty is not impressed.

local vet won't take stray kitty in and scan them for a chip unless they are injured. neighbour is going to try cats protection...
I've taken a couple of stray kitties (although turned out they were just scamming me and were chipped) to scan for chips and never been turned away? I thought they were obliged to scan at least ?

I've taken a couple of stray kitties (although turned out they were just scamming me and were chipped) to scan for chips and never been turned away? I thought they were obliged to scan at least ?

In a lot of areas, vets are absolutely overwhelmed due to backlog of elective treatments, treatment reviews, and basic healthchecks that were postponed from during the last lockdown. I just booked Sonic in for his vaccinations and got an appointment on 11th October. Vets aren't obliged to scan animals that aren't as far as they know their patients or who don't have a paid consultation, and while they might in more normal times be happy to do so, they are probably just absolutely overwhelmed right now - the best bet is always to have cat's protection or another animal shelter scan picked up strays, it is part of their remit to do so and help reunite or rehome strays.

(EDIT: Our local vet does a load of stuff wrt charity work, fostering etc. btw - but they cannot cope with the additional work right now, it would mean bumping their regular patient's appointments back even further).

Last edited:
Territorial encounter captured this morning. Bella is scared when she spots other cats and runs back inside. She wasn't happy seeing Akiro. Run back inside :D

ak.jpg

ak2.jpg

Jakey-Woodle-Brains (yeah I do not know where that nickname originated)

He is just sitting here and purring, it is difficult to get a photo cos I think he has had too many with flash taken so he tends to look away (so I can't get any photos where you can properly see his beautiful big green eyes!) He is a lovely boy. Very sweet and gentle. (And yes that is a badly cropped photo to cut out the mess in the background :oops: )

Jakey Woodle Brains.JPG

Last edited:
Jakey-Woodle-Brains (yeah I do not know where that nickname originated)

He is just sitting here and purring, it is difficult to get a photo cos I think he has had too many with flash taken so he tends to look away (so I can't get any photos where you can properly see his beautiful big green eyes!) He is a lovely boy. Very sweet and gentle. (And yes that is a badly cropped photo to cut out the mess in the background :oops: )

View attachment 284812
That feels like quite an unusual face shape for a cat, do you ever ask him why the long face?

Back
Top Bottom