Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Kizzy caught during crazy cat hour, dragging herself along furniture! She is NUTS :DView attachment 284154

My Radar used to spend ages doing complete circuits upside down clinging onto the under side of the edge of the sofa - it was positioned in such a way that he was able to go all the way around unimpeded. We were concerned for a bit that he might end up bald on his back from doing it but thankfully not! :D

The little cat that hangs out in our garden pretty often had enough of the shite weather and decided to come in to say hello this morning. Which then left me in a tricky position when I finished breakfast, since I didn't want to either trap them in the house or else go away and leave the back door wide open, so I was just kind of stuck there until they got bored and wandered off:
View attachment 284177
View attachment 284178
That top photo could easily be our Zoe.

Not just the markings, but the moment of threshold indecision putting you in the position of keeping the back door open until they decide 'in or out?'.

The little cat that hangs out in our garden pretty often had enough of the shite weather and decided to come in to say hello this morning. Which then left me in a tricky position when I finished breakfast, since I didn't want to either trap them in the house or else go away and leave the back door wide open, so I was just kind of stuck there until they got bored and wandered off:
View attachment 284177
View attachment 284178
awwww, looks a bit like Misty!

Don't be fooled, he's the terror of the neighbourhood. One of them was complaining that he goes into their kitchen and sprays. He's neutered, just fiercely territorial. Still, he does keep the rat population down!

If I lived nearer I might ask to borrow him if he is a good mouser/ratter, my remaining 2 are a bit clueless :( (I love them though and we all have lots of lovely cuddles every day, but they are elderly and both sleep while mice raid the cat food bowl, which is not ideal).

If I lived nearer I might ask to borrow him if he is a good mouser/ratter, my remaining 2 are a bit clueless :( (I love them though and we all have lots of lovely cuddles every day, but they are elderly and both sleep while mice raid the cat food bowl, which is not ideal).

Yeah, he seems to be the only one - of the other two, one gets the very occasional sparrow (not for a while now, she's getting on) and the other, somehow, brings in unharmed moths to show us. Well, unharmed if we then let them out, otherwise she eats them eventually.
Lyndon seems to love a rodent. Couple of the rats have been big
Have you tried Lavender to deter the mice? Probably an old wives tale but seemed to work for our larder. Also, not much use if you hate the smell of Lavender yourself :D

Yeah, he seems to be the only one - of the other two, one gets the very occasional sparrow (not for a while now, she's getting on) and the other, somehow, brings in unharmed moths to show us. Well, unharmed if we then let them out, otherwise she eats them eventually.
Lyndon seems to love a rodent. Couple of the rats have been big
Have you tried Lavender to deter the mice? Probably an old wives tale but seemed to work for our larder. Also, not much use if you hate the smell of Lavender yourself :D

I will give lavender a go, I think my parents have a lavender bush in their garden so I will ask for some. Ty for the tip, trying anything at this point - but being careful about what might be harmful to the cats - but lavender should be ok!

(I love the smell of lavender so no issues there)

Be careful with lavender, it's toxic to cats:

My most asked thing to Alexa is "Is <whatever> toxic to cats" Alexa normally gives a sensible answer, and which is normally yes.

I will give lavender a go, I think my parents have a lavender bush in their garden so I will ask for some. Ty for the tip, trying anything at this point - but being careful about what might be harmful to the cats - but lavender should be ok!

(I love the smell of lavender so no issues there)

Be careful with lavender, it's toxic to cats:

My most asked thing to Alexa is "Is <whatever> toxic to cats" Alexa normally gives a sensible answer, and which is normally yes.

Get some lavender oil, stick it on cotton wool. Unless your cats are known for eating cotton wool :D

E2A: Fucksake!
"According to the ASPCA, cats are especially sensitive to essential oils and they can experience gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression, and even liver damage when significant quantities are ingested."

This morning Vastra managed to brush her flank against this big soap-infused sponge in the bathroom, thus creating a large matted soapy patch. So she is thoroughly disgusterated that I have just attempted to flannel and shower it off. To reassure you, I am unharmed....

20210819_173629.jpg

This morning Vastra managed to brush her flank against this big soap-infused sponge in the bathroom, thus creating a large matted soapy patch. So she is thoroughly disgusterated that I have just attempted to flannel and shower it off. To reassure you, I am unharmed....

View attachment 284342

I didn't think it was possible for her to look any more grumpy, but there you go :D

One of my cats, Ginge, He was a rescue cat and the that's the name he came with:

Smart boy:
smart-boy.PNG
I don't normally dress him up but Mrs Fox cut the worn out collar of a good shirt* and it just slipped over his head

My Little NipHead

niphead.PNG

*Mrs Fox is into sewing, we're currently watch binge watching sewing bee.

View attachment 284342

she needs a pair of glasses to look at you over the top of.

i'm getting this sort of vibe

1629402154396.png

I seem top be forgiven. Though it's not helping that we're going away for a week tomorrow leaving her to be fed by the neighbours.

Bella looking fresh :cool:

PXL-20210731-085006511.jpg

A little series of photos about the mini Bloom experience this morning.
The first photo is tainted by the grubby glass on my back door, but there is Bloom looking cute waiting in his usual morning place.
Secondly Bloom is in, lying down in a doorway to scope all places and people indoors.
Thirdly I went outside and Bloom seems to be enquiring as to where his cuppa is!F0A0B5BC-ECD2-4CF7-A9CD-B726854D46DB.jpegECEDE0CE-97CF-4C2E-BF44-F56CF9D1442D.jpegDD31DBC3-51C4-4F88-8265-C71BFD22EDAC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom