Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wrexham - asset-stripping wankers - Help!

Heard this at work, am made up. For them to - entirely legally, despite what he claims - take out Poole and expose him as someone who was about to breach the terms of his ban was one thing (since it is even more blatantly obvious now than it was before that Harris was just a front for him), but to force Moss and Roberts into selling the club to the WST is something else. Lets just hope this five-year timeframe to buy the ground gets the support it needs and deserves from the FAW, council and the rest, and isnt abused by the current owners.

edit: the WST / Wrexham statement - http://www.wst.org.uk/www2/index.ph...-from-wrexham-supporters-trust-and-wrexham-fc

So should be confirmed on Friday.

edit2: a new twohundredpercent article is up. I will quote from the last paragraph, because it is very spot on:

Over the last few months, Wrexham’s supporters have fought an outstanding rear-guard action against those that have been circling their club over the last few months or so. When Stephanie Booth attempted to wrest control of it whilst neglecting to mention that she was barred from acting as a company director until next year, it was they that made this critical information public. When the dismal Van Morton proposal, with its stench of Stephen Vaughan hanging in the air, got too close, it was their suspicion and protests that were the leading reasons behind the group’s withdrawal. When Poole, another barred director and a man also disqualified from acting as a solicitor, was set to get involved, they also saw him off through after a legitmate protest at his property. But for their vigilance, any of these people could now be in charge of their club by now – that they aren’t is an indicator in itself of the extent to which these supporters deserve their chance. Moreover, and most importantly of all, the Wrexham Supporters Trust has conducted itself with dignity and courage throughout a difficult few months. They deserve their chance and, if you are a Wrexham supporter reading this, they deserve your support too.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=12873

Heard via @AAllenSport on Twitter that the players have gone on strike and are refusing to play in two pre-season matches as they haven't been paid on time.

Heard via @AAllenSport on Twitter that the players have gone on strike and are refusing to play in two pre-season matches as they haven't been paid on time.

Saunders has come out and had a pop at Moss and Roberts, the WST are (rightly) going through the books with a fine toothcomb, the demise of Crusaders (announced via Sky Sports News to the players) has shocked everyone, and the "university" next door are trying to buy the ground... either with or without WST. Its chaos, but the Dismal Jimmy visit this weekend has been called off, so perhaps good news is around the corner.

Fucking hell, finally! We've all been biting our nails for months, and now it's happened, the mood amongst the fans is great! Just hope we can sort out all the peripheral issues (sponsors, manager etc), although Andy Morrell staying on as manager wouldn't upset me too much I do admit :) :).

PT, signed mate. Good article on ffwtbol, I forgot you beat Porto that is nuts. Hope you beat these fuckers too
As a Portista I would like to point out that it was over thirty years ago!

But as a Blue Dragon to a Red Dragon I signed the petition anyway :D

Fucking hell, I barely believe it myself after all the false dawns :D. Now the hard work finally begins!

Brentford 0 Wrexham 1 in the FA Cup. The way this week has gone, they will get Man Utd away in the third round draw.

:D :D

Congrats, I look forward to giving the Brentford fan at work some stick!

Cardiff in the third round?

Given a final bump as Wrexham win 2-0 away at AFC Telford, finishing 2011 on top of the league, owned by their own fans and after helping to shatter Telford's home league attendance at their new ground (the attendance was 4591, of which more than 1800 came from Wrexham, previous best was around 2600).

Given a final bump as Wrexham win 2-0 away at AFC Telford, finishing 2011 on top of the league, owned by their own fans and after helping to shatter Telford's home league attendance at their new ground (the attendance was 4591, of which more than 1800 came from Wrexham, previous best was around 2600).
A brilliant turn out from both sides.

Another cracking win today, 4-0 against Telford. Only downside was the group of about 15 or so utter cunts from Telford who thought singing songs about Gary Speed was fair game. Twats.

bumped because the Cup replay against Brighton is live on national TV tomorrow!*

* well S4C (channel 134 on Sky, 120 on Freesat), at 1930

It was going to be onn ESPN Classic last night. Its now been moved to normal ESPN. Hoping for a bit better from Brighton in second half. Morrell looks a good wee player.Gave our defenders all sorts of problems in the first leg. How old is he? Looks about 50.

It was going to be onn ESPN Classic last night. Its now been moved to normal ESPN. Hoping for a bit better from Brighton in second half. Morrell looks a good wee player.Gave our defenders all sorts of problems in the first leg. How old is he? Looks about 50.

37, that was a fantastic goal though. Shame about the marking on the equalizer.

Back
Top Bottom