Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wrexham - asset-stripping wankers - Help!

WREXHAM VILLAGE LTD announces that it has agreed an option with Van Morton Investments Ltd to allow it to purchase Wrexham FC as soon as possible and at a later stage the stadium and training ground.

As a result of this Robert Bickerton has joined the Board of Directors as Chairman and Tony Allan has joined the Board as a Director, he will also take on responsibility for running the Club as Chief Executive.

Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts will be stepping down from the Board and will become Vice Presidents.

Robert has previously served on the Board of Directors at Macclesfield Town FC, in the roles of Finance Director and Chairman, and also on the Board of Directors of Shrewsbury Town FC as Manager Director.

Tony Allan, who began his administrative career with Notts County, has also served Wigan Athletic, Chester City and Port Vale as Secretary.

Van Morton Investments is a recently formed company, the purpose of which is to attract and provide Wrexham FC with funding.

All parties will work towards a smooth transition in change of ownership and ensure that nothing prevents the continued good work of the team, management and staff.

Further statements will be made in due course.

Ends

Cunts

If Vaughan is one of the backers of this new company then the Welsh FA (and the Conference, and the FA generally) cannot allow it to take over Wrexham, and should also take a long hard look at Moss and Roberts and decide whether or not they are fit and proper persons themselves, IMHO if they are facilitating a Vaughan-involved company then they cannot by definition be fit and proper.

Selling the club to Vaughan would be worse than selling it back to Hamilton.

I see the Daily Post article yesterday has managed to stir things up even more, as well as make it even more obvious they are a front for Vaughan. If the Conference / FAW / FA allow this takeover to proceed despite knowing he is involved then they are beyond incompetent, that man is to north west football what the Black Death was to the fourteenth century.

edit: also from redpassion here is the leaflet that is doing the rounds, I apologise for putting up such a large picture but it so perfectly captures what is happening I hope you will forgive me:

2v3fwnd.jpg

Because they were always in it together, weren't they - Bickerton, Harris, Moss & the rest of Wxm Village.

Pulled out for lack of funds - adds extra gristle to the mill of where they expected these funds to come from... *cough cough*

And more slurs on the fans - I reckon we'll soon have another Hamilton moment where the fans are accused of all supporting the IRA and the Taliban.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=10929

The issue of “the abuse and threats that the current owners have received over this matter” is also a serious matter. These should be reported to the police, who should carry out a full investigation and prosecute anyone that has been “threatening” Moss and Roberts. We look forward to them submitting their evidence to the police and are certain that Wrexham supporters will assist in any way that they can. The alternative, of course, would be that any such allegations are completely overblown and are being made in order to discredit those that legitimately criticise them. Such allegations would be considered libellous if they were made against an individual in public and were false.

Mental Club Statement.

A Message From The Owners

Posted on: Fri 11 Feb 2011

We are disappointed by the high level of misreporting and scaremongering that has taken place recently regarding the Racecourse Ground:

1) The Racecourse is owned by Wrexham Village through its subsidiary company Wrexham Football Club, this continues to be the current situation.

2) We have held meetings with Wrexham B.C., Glyndwr University and the FAW to seek ways to improve the stadium.

3) One of the options being considered to enable us to access stadium improvement funding is to create a separate Stadium company (under the same parent ownership). That stadium company management board would include representatives from the above bodies as well as the football and rugby clubs. Nothing has yet been decided.

4) Public Bodies and Banks will simply not lend money to loss making football clubs.

5) We have no problem with a Council/Community/Trust led initiative to purchase the Racecourse.

6) Considerable funds from the development have been paid into the club virtually every month, we intend to publish the exact amounts shortly and when they were paid over. We will ask an independent accountant fan to inspect and verify with our accountants, then publish his findings on the club website.

7) The Club was offered for sale to the WST for £1 with an option to buy the ground, a preliminary meeting took place but there has been no further response.

8) We consider that some statements made on behalf of the WST regarding current issues to be completely inaccurate.

9) Most people doing due diligence on a business would wish to remain anonymous. We are currently talking to 2 other prospective investors, who now, quite rightly, have made us sign a confidentiality agreement.

10) Stephen Vaughan, as reported in The Leader, has contacted us regarding investing in the Club.

11) Despite having lost only once at home in the league this season, gates have been low and commercial income poor. The club, like most others, loses money and struggles to survive with the owners having to subsidise the wages most months.

12) The level of personal abuse and harassment to the owners and their families has only heightened their desire to exit, despite this they have supported Dean Saunders in the transfer window with Mark Creighton and Jordan McMillan joining for the final push.

13) We urge you to turn up in great numbers on Tuesday to get behind the team (and help our cash flow), as well as at all our remaining home games. Your support is so helpful to the team, clap your hands, sing your heads off ,make a noise, but no abuse please.

14) For those of you who urged us to sack Dean Saunders, who was clueless, had lost the dressing room, etc, etc, please eat some humble pie and sing especially loud.

15) Banners, like the one to sack Dean Saunders, will not be allowed in the ground, only banners supportive of the team are allowed.

Ends

Lies, slander and slurs.

Innit - and the 'anti-Saunders' banners don't exist. All the banners are anti-Moss - 'Wrexham Village Asset Strippers', 'This ground is for football' etc. It's all bollocks.

Mad statement though, just inane paranoid ramblings. Shows they are on the ropes, now the local press have finally started asking questions and the councillors and assembly are breathing down their necks.

Chicken on toast territory innit!

I see that the wise men on RP are now reporting (with quite a bit of evidence gathered as well, including photos) that Moss is associating with one Steve Cleeve, who has extensive history in the landbanking scam.

The FA, BSP and the League need urgently to look at Moss and Roberts, what they are doing and who they are associating with - they cannot now be said, by any definition, to be fit and proper persons to be in charge of Wrexham.

I see that the wise men on RP are now reporting (with quite a bit of evidence gathered as well, including photos) that Moss is associating with one Steve Cleeve, who has extensive history in the landbanking scam.

The FA, BSP and the League need urgently to look at Moss and Roberts, what they are doing and who they are associating with - they cannot now be said, by any definition, to be fit and proper persons to be in charge of Wrexham.

We had another chap sniffing around like this when Hammy was in charge, some bloke called Andy Smith iirc, company was UPA. Basically sold off plots of bog with no development potential to gullible punters. Earned him the nickname Swampy. Strange coincidence.

Moar mental club statement!

18th February 2011

1. Over thirty "Be part of it" season tickets were sold prior to the Crawley game. For those of you that did this we offer you our thanks.

2. The lottery is being relaunched with bigger prizes that will also make more money for the Club. Members of the previous lottery will be hearing from us soon, new members are most welcome.

3. All football club admin staff are now located in the Yale stand. We are having technical difficulties with the telephone system, so please be patient with us if your call takes some time to answer.

4. We (Rob Bickerton, Tony Allan and Jon Harris) have decided to put our own bid in to buy the Club. We have presented our bid to the owners and await their acceptance or otherwise. In the mean time, we will continue to run the Club to the best of our ability.

So who is behind the front men now?

21 Feb - Bickerton leaves
22 Feb - Wrexham put in their best performance in years

What a difference a demo makes.

:cool:

Booth can fuck off too, I don't trust her

After the run of owners and prospective owners I dont blame you. Also whats with this Wynn consortium? His statement on RP sounded more like a plan of action to buy the club and a plea for people to get involved, but the club seem to have assumed it was a bid, and accepted it pending due diligence.

After the run of owners and prospective owners I dont blame you. Also whats with this Wynn consortium? His statement on RP sounded more like a plan of action to buy the club and a plea for people to get involved, but the club seem to have assumed it was a bid, and accepted it pending due diligence.

I don't trust him. He's a Lib Dem councillor and imo he has ridden on the coat-tails of the supporters for the last few years to pick up political capital. Plenty of others would disagree though, a lot of Wrexham fans rate him. Mind, a lot of Wrexham fans rate Booth, and a lot rated Moss & Dickens. The eternal optimism of the fan I suppose.

Sounds to me like he is shaping up to front a bid, but the money sure as fuck isn't coming from him. I wouldn't read too much into the fans involvement, they all say that shit. Only bid that should be getting backed by town fans is the WST.

I don't trust him. He's a Lib Dem councillor and imo he has ridden on the coat-tails of the supporters for the last few years to pick up political capital. Plenty of others would disagree though, a lot of Wrexham fans rate him. Mind, a lot of Wrexham fans rate Booth, and a lot rated Moss & Dickens. The eternal optimism of the fan I suppose.

Sounds to me like he is shaping up to front a bid, but the money sure as fuck isn't coming from him. I wouldn't read too much into the fans involvement, they all say that shit. Only bid that should be getting backed by town fans is the WST.

Is there anyone you do trust? :p
I'd rather Booth than Moss, because at least Booth (or so she says) wants some WST involvement.

Back
Top Bottom