Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

I was expecting 3 games .

But I think that's a valid distinction. You're going to feel the difference between someone treading on you and someone stamping on you.
Agree, though ironically, a tread will involve more force? Hang on, let me try and remember o level physics.... erm... mass... erm... speed...

I'm not convinced about this extended injury time thing. The Spain v Netherlands game lasted around 150 minutes with extra time. Players will be knackered, particularly in tournaments and it won't be great for fans getting public transport after night matches in the normal season.

Just caught up. Looks like we're going to have a new champion! :eek:

That's another of the favourites out. Spain (or maybe France)'s to lose?

Just caught up. Looks like we're going to have a new champion! :eek:

That's another of the favourites out. Spain (or maybe France)'s to lose?
Think it's wide open.

I have a feeling Sweden might find Spain up next a bridge too far. But I don't think any team left in stands no chance. Colombia winning would be quite a story.

I think the teams based in NZ could have a valid reason for complaint (USA & Japan). They're having an absolutely awful winter down there. Meanwhile the lionesses are sunning themselves on the gold coast.

I assume the facilities are not great there either as nobody plays football. They did a tour of the lionesses' base the other day and it was total luxury, training pitches, lovely gym, lovely pool. Spain had to relocate to Wellington as the place they were put up in (Palmerston North) is not exactly Barcelona.

Twice as many registered football players as rugby players in NZ. 50k vs 25k. It may well be that few people watch football there, but plenty of people play it.

I watched bits of that Sweden/Japan game and it looked awful compared to the other games I've seen. Spain should be nailed on for the Final. Except they're Spain.

I watched bits of that Sweden/Japan game and it looked awful compared to the other games I've seen. Spain should be nailed on for the Final. Except they're Spain.
Japan finally found their rhythm in the last 20 minutes - too late. Sweden seem to be pretty good at suffocating more skilful sides. But it feels to me like they may have reached their limit now. Probably overachieved to get this far. But who knows?

Chloe Kelly's penalty against Nigeria has been clocked at 69mph, beating the fastest strike in the Premier League last season, which was by Said Benrahma (66.6mph).

It was a fabulous penalty. Loved the big skip she took before taking it. If she had missed she would have been crucified for that.

Back
Top Bottom