Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's Rugby World Cup

mx wcfc

Ok. we all got very into the football. Sorry, the women's football.Is the Women's rugby of any interest? is it on telly anywhere?

ffs, England are amongst the favourites.

Channel 4 I think, or More 4. I plan to watch some of it.

Might this be moved to the sports forum, mods?

Indeed apologies if i've failed forum wise - I think what I am p1ssed off about is that this isn't being plugged as much as it should.

Yeah I've been so tied up in the athletics I missed the opening game! Good result for the red roses, good solid win behind them.
The Italy game should be fairly straightforward on Sunday too. If we can avoid Canada in the next round that'll be nice because they're a bit of a bogey team for us.

I have high hopes...

A bunch of games are on ITV4, and all are streamed live via the World Rugby facebook page, and pretty good 6-9 min highlights of each game can be viewed here

Womens Rugby World Cup 2017

Yeh, England favourites (the only professional team in the tournament) with the ABs and Canada not far behind

Yes, it is ITV, my mistake. Credit to them, they're sticking the England-Italy game on the main channel tomorrow.

I don't think I've watched women's 15-a-side before. The sevens in the Olympics last year was good though.

yeh, worth a watch, though disparities between teams are clearer, currently, than in the men's game.

i.e. the Canada/Hong Kong game where I think the Canadian scrum half was bigger than the HK 8!

The Irish team is up there with a shout, especially after beating the Aussies in the first game, however as Niamh Briggs is injured I think they'll struggle in the semis. I think Canada have a real chance. the game against HK was easy, but they did show some serious hands in play especially 12 thru to 15. The one area of weakness they seem to have is that Magali Harvey their excellent winger is taking the conversions and their ten has a very unorthodox style of boot.

I really like the women's game in that although it doesn't have the speed of the men's game the hits are easier to take (though still huge) and the level of skill more than makes up for what is lost in pace.

Ok a good win today but they need to seriously tighten up the handling before they play the USA - they've got some pace and will punish us for errors like that.

Great to see so many of our old Academy players playing, starting with Marlie Packer who had a storming game.

It's all going ok so far...

Yeah, Packer was outstanding.

Having only watched women's 7s before, is it normal for the place kicking to be of the quality we saw today?

Just tuned in and England up by 21 after 20 minutes. They really are light years of everyone they have played thus far.

The French looked very good when destroying the Irish women on Thursday, should be a v good semi final with England. I expect the Kiwis will steamroller the US.

Just to mention some of the skills that from what I've seen of the French and Canadian fullbacks they are beautifully balanced runners, excellent acceleration and able to step at speed. To see them carry in both hands and have unbelievable off loading ability has been a joy to watch.

Hope this WC is a step to a bigger following for the Women's game.

I have just been told off by Mrs mx. Apparently I am scaring the new neighbours by screaming at the telly too much. C'mon ENGLAND!!!!!

Yanks did better than I expected (at least for the first half)

The England France game was a proper northern hemisphere arm wrestle. England's defence was great though and I think the score was reflective of the game

bit of a concern the short timescale from here to the final though. NZ will be a lot fresher going into the final

Yanks did better than I expected (at least for the first half)

The England France game was a proper northern hemisphere arm wrestle. England's defence was great though and I think the score was reflective of the game

The score before thatt last try was reflective of the game I thought, The last try was the icing on the cake.

with any tournament, the extra day's recovery is key. It'll be a tough final.

And the Rugby Union have just cancelled their contracts. Fecks sake.

Yay try for my girl Sarah Bern! Whoop!:D

I don't think the scoreline reflected fairly on France - they were unlucky not to get over the line.

But - the final. NZ, with Portia Woodman on immense try scoring form. It's going to be very tough.

Can't wait:D

I must confess that I only watched one of England's group games, but I am very much looking forward to the final tomorrow night.

That was very good. I hope it and the tournament in general cause the RFU to revisit their decision to de-professionalise the squad.

Back
Top Bottom