Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
A brief trip to Westfield White City yesterday (where masks are now just "suggested" - not that there was ever full compliance anyway that I remember, though plenty of time to hassle me for taking photos on my phone :rolleyes:) suggested fairly low mask-wearing in the main areas, 10-20% maybe, though for an indoor space it's unusually huge and well-ventilated, and no particular reason to hang around.

Might have been better inside shops. I only went into Waterstones to pick up a book I ordered and all the customers there were wearing masks.

When I went to Stratford - aiming for Westfield but defeated because the escalators were broken and there was a queue of, literally, 40 people for the one lift - I went to the old shopping centre instead. In the centre itself, hardly anyone was wearing a mask - I didn't wear one all the time in that part either. Inside the shops, almost everyone was wearing one, inc me.

It's extremely well ventilated and fairly easy to stay away from other people too, unlike in the shops.

My local mini supermarkets are still at around 80-90% compliance. I'm pleasantly surprised. Obviously it will drop over time, but it definitely hasn't plummeted to near zero or even less than half. Maybe for some reason these shops are higher in compliance than others? Like the security guard at the mini Sainsbury's is still wearing his mask, so that probably acts as a reminder and peer pressure.

I’m at a posh spa hotel with my mum and sisters. Mask wearing is compulsory here in public areas, unless eating/drinking, swimming/fitness classes. But otherwise very strictly observed.

Funnily enough given the average age here is fiftysomething, it occurs to me that the most risk is to the staff, the youngest of whom may not have been fully jabbed yet.

Anyway, when added to the pub where my school went for end of year drinks - a few days past freedom day - it was all strictly table service still.

Walked past the Spoons on our High Street quite a few times at the weekend. Busy, and very few masks from what I could see....
to be fair, pulling your mask off and back on every time you sip from your pint is a bit of a faff
I do it when I work, but in a social situation I didn't, lateral flow test it is for a few days.

Walked past the Spoons on our High Street quite a few times at the weekend. Busy, and very few masks from what I could see....

Er, it's a pub, where people eat and drink
:confused:

Personally I don't bother wearing a mask when going to the loo in pubs now, as it seems pointless and was a faff anyway.

Still wearing them in the shops and will do next time I'm on a bus / train.

Just did a quick shop in my local Tesco.
Not busy, but pretty well all those under 30 were unmasked - it didn't help that it was similar with the staff ...
Definite age divide - though I watched my 50-something neighbour walk in with her grandchild the other day.

to be fair, pulling your mask off and back on every time you sip from your pint is a bit of a faff
I do it when I work, but in a social situation I didn't, lateral flow test it is for a few days.
Er, it's a pub, where people eat and drink
:confused:

Personally I don't bother wearing a mask when going to the loo in pubs now, as it seems pointless and was a faff anyway.

Still wearing them in the shops and will do next time I'm on a bus / train.
It was an observation, which I should have clairfied was about people stood at bar and moving about.

In supermarkets round me, mask wearing seems to have gone up a bit since just after 'Freedom Day' - suggests some people went without to test water then saw what majority were doing. At an English Heritage house on Friday which wasn't very crowded but most people were masked indoors.

Back
Top Bottom