Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
I've just been for my state sanctioned exercise and called in the corner shop on the way home. All but one of the staff and about half the customers weren't wearing masks (despite the sign on the door) This is in a small town of a few thousand people where compliance has been generally good during the lockdowns.
No ya lying!

I've just been for my state sanctioned exercise and called in the corner shop on the way home. All but one of the staff and about half the customers weren't wearing masks (despite the sign on the door) This is in a small town of a few thousand people where compliance has been generally good during the lockdowns.
Yeah, I've seen a real change in attitude. Very few people in the pub I popped into for half an hour on Sunday were wearing masks, including the staff. They were serving people at the bar

No ya lying!
That is a statement that is really too stupid to actually deserve a response but in keeping with my well established pattern of banging my head against a wall until I pass out, which particular statement do you believe to be untrue?
That I went out for a walk? That I called in the corner shop? That I bought eggs, milk and bread? That all the staff bar the woman behind the counter were not wearing masks? That around half the customers weren't wearing masks (grant you I didn't do a head count so I could be wrong 10-20% either way)?

That is a statement that is really too stupid to actually deserve a response but in keeping with my well established pattern of banging my head against a wall until I pass out, which particular statement do you believe to be untrue?
That I went out for a walk? That I called in the corner shop? That I bought eggs, milk and bread? That all the staff bar the woman behind the counter were not wearing masks? That around half the customers weren't wearing masks (grant you I didn't do a head count so I could be wrong 10-20% either way)?

Sorry, ny point was a sarcastic one, I said exactly the same as you and was ripped to shreds, inferred that I was lying etc.

Sorry, ny point was a sarcastic one, I said exactly the same as you and was ripped to shreds, inferred that I was lying etc.
You didn't say exactly the same thing at all you bellend. You claimed everyone was already dropping mask wearing, before being called on it and eventually saying you were talking about a specific part of Leeds. How the fuck any of us were to know this is beyond me.

I reckon you bought eggs, milk, bread and marmite. So you didn't lie except by omitting the divisive yeast extract. I could be wrong here, but I think my new right to decide what is valid gives me the ability to override your so-called recollection of events. I'm just exercising my rights, probably under Magna Carta if I could ever be bothered to read it.

I reckon you bought eggs, milk, bread and marmite. So you didn't lie except by omitting the divisive yeast extract. I could be wrong here, but I think my new right to decide what is valid gives me the ability to override your so-called recollection of events. I'm just exercising my rights, probably under Magna Carta if I could ever be bothered to read it.
No marmite has been purchased in the Q household since 2016 when Middle Q moved out to live with her boyfriend who presumably also likes it or possibly has no taste buds.
After she left we called in the hazardous chemicals unit to make sure it was gone and the house was clear.

What you're calling "pedantry", going by your "everyone's not wearing masks...oh, just here in Leeds" comment, is more akin to "sticking to the facts".
I should have been more clear, but there’s anecdotal evidence a few posts up that suggests it’s not just Leeds, and of course all the stuff we’ve seen with the England team bollocks, Chris Whitty having people pulling him from pillar to post.... all not wearing masks in close proximity, so I think it’s fair to extrapolate using my own observations 🤷‍♂️

I'm reasonably confident about my area - I saw masks very early here - though I may have to keep an eye on the shops to see if it's better at some times than others and whether Aldi is better than Tesco ... I don't hold out much hope for the smaller shops I go to ...
Thankfully I don't go to pubs or cafes or need to catch the bus...

“Just fuck off” is going to be my standard response to you from now on.

You’re a snob.
'just fuck off' would be an improvement on the shower of shit you've posted thus far.

you say i'm a snob without showing anywhere where i've been snobbish. i can very easily point to a load of untruths you've posted.

My local patch currently (5-day data lag) has a stupidly high case rate already.
Judging by what happened in both previous waves and it's Delta; so, despite a very high vaccination level already [over 90% first dose], we are going to have a stupendous peak within a couple of weeks, because of the footie.
But, also going by previous behaviour and what I've seen in the past few days - people are still taking precautions ie masks in shops or in close proximity on narrow pavements, standing chatting is done at about 1.5m or more when space allows ... the signs of the increase in cases has merely re-enforced compliance with the " hands : face : space " mantra.
However, I think the peak was inevitable given the football and drinking. It may have started in the kids, but work, pubs and the EuroFootie certainly spread it about. I kept well away - but driving past a couple of the pubs / clubs I could see that the booze meant much less masking and the footie caused much shouting etc.

Back
Top Bottom