Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
A deluded person would say that🤷‍♂️
i have no feeling of omnipotence. no one has much control of their own lives. we apply for jobs but the retention of our labour is in the hands of capricious forces well beyond our control. disease can strike us down at any time, and having a national health service is at times like this a precarious safety net. i am under no delusions about my omnipotence - or rather the lack of it.

Looking at the beeb's coverage ...

A number (5 so far) of England's "Metro" Mayors are saying that in areas they control, like Manchester's Trams and West Yorkshire's bus stations, masks will remain mandatory.

Good !

I'm wondering how many shops etc will do the same, I think I'm right in saying Waterstones have already said they are expecting masks to be worn.

At this point ignorance like his is entirely a choice, quite an achievement even, so whatever, answer is no he doesn’t care all he cares about is not risking feeling a tiny bit sweaty,
it's a great achievement when so many posters have said so much about the risks which still exist for vaccinated people and about the benefit of masks across a host of threads - you've got to be wilfully looking the other way

Looking at the beeb's coverage ...

A number (5 so far) of England's "Metro" Mayors are saying that in areas they control, like Manchester's Trams and West Yorkshire's bus stations, masks will remain mandatory.

Good !

I'm wondering how many shops etc will do the same, I think I'm right in saying Waterstones have already said they are expecting masks to be worn.
I really feel sorry for the underpaid people who are going to be the ones enforcing this. They've already been getting reams of abuse.

I got an email from the leisure centre trust in the neighbouring LAA yesterday, and they are basically removing all restrictions in one go. A bit surprising.

i have no feeling of omnipotence. no one has much control of their own lives. we apply for jobs but the retention of our labour is in the hands of capricious forces well beyond our control. disease can strike us down at any time, and having a national health service is at times like this a precarious safety net. i am under no delusions about my omnipotence - or rather the lack of it.
Totally ignored my statement.

I really feel sorry for the underpaid people who are going to be the ones enforcing this. They've already been getting reams of abuse.
but we don't actually enforce it as such....if someone says they are exempt than that's the end of it...as i already said if someone was detirmined to not wear a mask then we mostly just ignore them...we have had violent and aggressive incidents revolving around this and at the end of the day us staff are not the police.....not looking forwards to next week as i suspect we will have a reversal situation where people start complaining about others NOT wearing masks.....we can't win

Back
Top Bottom