Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why do peoples not understand that immigration is currently based on 'pull'?

durruti02 said:
How so????

"Latest figures show waiting lists have grown to 1.63 million people." ..

"Minister Margaret Hodge courted controversy earlier this year when she suggested local people should get priority over economic migrants with greater housing need....But BBC Radio 4's File On 4 has found it is not just the BNP that is questioning current policies, with MPs and councils around the country claiming the system needs a radical overhaul."

"Indeed some councils and local politicians are doing their utmost to stretch the current law to its limits to try to help those kept on the waiting list for years."

"Legally, "reasonable preference" should be given to certain categories of housing need including homelessness, overcrowding, insanitary conditions and medical requirements. .. A strict application of this priority can leave people like Peter Elsey waiting for years. "

this appears to back up all i have said.

indeed this was one of my 'scenarios' you refused to acknowledge sayin they were far right myths!

How about listening to the whole program, rather than just recycling the blurb from the bbc site?

durruti02 said:
How so????

"Latest figures show waiting lists have grown to 1.63 million people." ..

"Minister Margaret Hodge courted controversy earlier this year when she suggested local people should get priority over economic migrants with greater housing need....But BBC Radio 4's File On 4 has found it is not just the BNP that is questioning current policies, with MPs and councils around the country claiming the system needs a radical overhaul."

"Indeed some councils and local politicians are doing their utmost to stretch the current law to its limits to try to help those kept on the waiting list for years."

"Legally, "reasonable preference" should be given to certain categories of housing need including homelessness, overcrowding, insanitary conditions and medical requirements. .. A strict application of this priority can leave people like Peter Elsey waiting for years. "

this appears to back up all i have said.

indeed this was one of my 'scenarios' you refused to acknowledge sayin they were far right myths!

You appear to have listened to an entirely different programme to the rest of us in that case. You missed the bit where they were talking about far right myths. Funny that.

Lock&Light said:
The evidence has been posted and is quite clear.

No, sorry, the 'evidence' produced is faulty and the poster has deliberately taken each word out of context in order to make a case - a shoddy case.

He has done exactly the same thing with the File on 4 programme: selectivised the bits which he thinks support his 'thesis'. You would do well to listen to the programme too.

tbaldwin said:
Nino, I dont know if its worth asking you a serious question but here goes....
Do you really think its a good idea that the UK takes so many foreign workers?

You dont seriously think that everything would be OK if there was no right to buy do you?

You do know that Thames Gateway is likely to turn into a bit of a shanty town built on flood plains and contaminated land dont you?

How about listening to the programme instead of spouting bollocks?

Back
Top Bottom