Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's gonna win Clinton or Trump? Poll!

Who is going to be declared the winner tomorrow morning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I imagine the very, very few here who are defending the rise of the right here and in the US would have been in their element when the nazis came to power, back in the day. Blaming it all on the intellectuals, the liberals and defending the right of ordinary German citizens to rise above the humiliation of Versailles.

I'm aware of the possible hyperbole here, btw.

You'd be calling the working class communists who physically fought the Nazis until the end uncouth street thugs.

:eek: (am i still asleep?...is this a dream because i ate a lot of cheese last night)

I imagine the very, very few here who are defending the rise of the right here and in the US would have been in their element when the nazis came to power, back in the day. Blaming it all on the intellectuals, the liberals and defending the right of ordinary German citizens to rise above the humiliation of Versailles.

I'm aware of the possible hyperbole here, btw.

Fucking idiot.

You'd be calling the working class communists who physically fought the Nazis until the end uncouth street thugs.

Nope. But I'm wondering about the blanket refusal by some to condemn the racism, misogyny that made Trump's campaign so appealing to his supporters.

It's almost as if... all that hatred of Mexicans, Muslims, Jews, etc just didn't happen.

Nope. But I'm wondering about the blanket refusal by some to condemn the racism, misogyny that made Trump's campaign so appealing to his supporters.

It's almost as if... all that hatred of Mexicans, Muslims, Jews, etc just didn't happen.

The idea that people here have refused to condemn racism, misogyny etc from Trump doesn't really stand up.

The real problem is that so many, here and elsewhere, seem to think that simply attacking Trump and anyone who might consider voting for him as racist, misogynist etc was going to be an effective strategy in preventing him being elected.

It was obvious to some of us from the very beginning, we've seen it all before in a British context, but you and others still seem unable to get your heads around it

Who has refused to condemn Trump's racism and misogyny? Where is this "blanket refusal" to be found?

Was that the whole of his appeal to all those who voted for him? How do you support that claim?

Fuck me, just like Brexit. Otherwise sensible people defending the undefendable. That the rise of Trump is totally understandable because, hey, liberals.

The idea that people here have refused to condemn racism, misogyny etc from Trump doesn't really stand up.

The real problem is that so many, here and elsewhere, seem to think that simply attacking Trump and anyone who might consider voting for him as racist, misogynist etc was going to be an effective strategy in preventing him being elected.

It was obvious to some of us from the very beginning, we've seen it all before in a British context, but you and others still seem unable to get your heads around it

Cos I'm not British. And I'm as thick as shit & I don't buy into the enabling of Trump and making excuses for his supporters as a handful here on urban appear to be doing.

Our finances are none of your fucking business. You know nothing about where we've come from and what our plans have been over the last 20 years. Now fuck the fuck off with the personal shit.

You brought it up, you said you were gonna do the Frank after Brexit, so was that you talking bollocks or are you still standing by what you said?

Back
Top Bottom