Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's gonna win Clinton or Trump? Poll!

Who is going to be declared the winner tomorrow morning?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may be wrong, the idiot has said so much, but I don't recall utterances re trans people.

Good doc on C4 recently; My Trans American Road Trip - On Demand - All 4

Trump initially said that North Carolina's infamous "Bathroom laws" were a bad idea. Mostly because they caused "economic strife". He later realised that his "stance" would lose conservative, Christian voters and backtracked - saying that it was down to the State regarding the laws.

A man for the people. Long as you're not trans, IMHO.

Good doc on C4 recently; My Trans American Road Trip - On Demand - All 4

Trump initially said that North Carolina's infamous "Bathroom laws" were a bad idea. Mostly because they caused "economic strife". He later realised that his "stance" would lose conservative, Christian voters and backtracked - saying that it was down to the State regarding the laws.

A man for the people. Long as you're not trans, IMHO.
I had forgotten that. As I said, there was so much crap.

A friend of mine who's a teacher started his lesson today with this;

CwzaNPBXEAAX8HL.jpg

I can't help feeling this is unrealistically raising young people's expectations. How about:

No matter [...]
Within these walls you will mostly be tolerated
You will sometimes be treated almost as if you were worth something
You will probably be able to shout louder than everyone else who's shouting, at least some of the time, as long as you shout really loud
Your difference will be noticed (unless it's not on the list of important ones and/or we all feel kind of uncomfortable with it)
You will often wish you were someone else, somewhere else
But don't follow me, I'm lost too.

I can't help feeling this is unrealistically raising young people's expectations. How about:

No matter [...]
Within these walls you will mostly be tolerated
You will sometimes be treated almost as if you were worth something
You will probably be able to shout louder than everyone else who's shouting, at least some of the time, as long as you shout really loud
Your difference will be noticed (unless it's not on the list of important ones and/or we all feel kind of uncomfortable with it)
You will often wish you were someone else, somewhere else
But don't follow me, I'm lost too.

he teachers primary school, you really think 9year olds need to be more pragmatic?

No I'll think you'll find my first posts on the Clinton thread was because Casually Red was saying Clinton would induce WW3 in a hormonal hot flash caused by Menopause (despite the fact that Clinton went through menopause decades ago, and y'know it's fucking crazy) he included pictures of Clinton looking crazy and mushroom clouds.

Any debate about Clinton's merits and flaws (many) as a candidate has been drowned out by the above nonsense and hyperbole about her e-mails and Benghazi, or conspiracy theories about her assassinating staff members and other bullshit.

Stop this chronic bullshitting . You were cheering her on incessantly . She lost .

Bwah ha ha ha

Who has refused to condemn Trump's racism and misogyny?

Everyone on these boards certainly have condemned his racism and misogyny - but his racism and misogyny were like a clarion call to the Americans who have now made him President.

He wants to 'Make America Great Again'? That's dogwhistle talk yearning for a return to times when white American males kissed their stay-at-home wives on the way out the door to a blue-collar job with other white American males, untroubled by the presence of people of color, or foreigners doing anything more complicated than cleaning toilets and making beds. It's a yearning for a time when marriage happened between a straight man and woman, and when marches for equal rights [by women, blacks, gays - you name the group] were met with clubs and fire hoses.

President Trump has a Vice President who is an anti-abortion homophobe, and the two of them are backed by Republican-majority House and Senate. The first thing they will do, is stack the Supreme Court with judges acceptable to their electorate.

You thought the Bush presidency was a bad thing? Well, hold on to your hats, folks.

Everyone on these boards certainly have condemned his racism and misogyny - but his racism and misogyny were like a clarion call to the Americans who have now made him President.

He wants to 'Make America Great Again'? That's dogwhistle talk yearning for a return to times when white American males kissed their stay-at-home wives on the way out the door to a blue-collar job with other white American males, untroubled by the presence of people of color, or foreigners doing anything more complicated than cleaning toilets and making beds. It's a yearning for a time when marriage happened between a straight man and woman, and when marches for equal rights [by women, blacks, gays - you name the group] were met with clubs and fire hoses.

President Trump has a Vice President who is an anti-abortion homophobe, and the two of them are backed by Republican-majority House and Senate. The first thing they will do, is stack the Supreme Court with judges acceptable to their electorate.

You thought the Bush presidency was a bad thing? Well, hold on to your hats, folks.
According to the beeb news, the Canadian immigration website crashed during the night as so many Americans were looking into how to leave! :D

Back
Top Bottom