Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will win the 2024 US election?

Who will win?

• Total voters

Flavour

hang the bankers
A simple prediction thread.

I think Harris will win but by a very very narrow margin, but will take Pennsylvania, Michigan and Georgia. Trump to take north Carolina, Arizona, Ohio and Florida.

Harris should win. I don't want to go too far into "alternative history" thinking about a Trump victory, though the US as a functioning country would cease within months were he to win. Harris is no way perfect, but there's a genuine choice here: repairing a fractured country, or letting it burn.

I think revulsion at the strict post-Roe abortion bans, plus abortion referendums in numerous states, will boost turnout in a way that should deliver a solid win for Harris, but I won't be totally surprised if Trump manages to pull off another narrow Electoral College victory

That's nonsense really. His previous administration was marked with a lot of tweeting and not much action.
His previous regime was groundwork. Get the judges in place, get the base riled, write the rules for a game yet to be played. His victory means the next steps: the older justices resign "on health grounds" so he gets younger extremists locked in for life. Then it's civil war.

Trump. The only thing I’m clinging too is that last time he wasn’t as disastrous as feared - he was just the rude, racist, bigoted idiot we all know he is and we had to listen to it for years. In fact I stopped looking at the news for much of his presidency.

His previous regime was groundwork. Get the judges in place, get the base riled, write the rules for a game yet to be played. His victory means the next steps: the older justices resign "on health grounds" so he gets younger extremists locked in for life. Then it's civil war.

Not that he won't fuck up all sorts of stuff because he's a rancid turd of a human being but this requires a much longer term commitment than he has imo. He's interested in being president for his own ego not some long term apocalyptic vision.

I think it'll be Trump, for reasons I cannot fathom. But then it'll be Vance in short order because Trump will have to retire because, though I've been resisting that narrative, I think he is actually losing it and becoming totally incoherent as can be seen by the fact they're keeping him away now from anyone except the red hats

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
My hope is he won't put Project 2025 into practice because he's too arrogant to do someone else's idea, but Vance could be another matter.

I'm hoping the polls go more strongly towards indicating a Harris win in the next two weeks. I'll plump for a solid Harris win at this uncertain stage, moreso in hope.

Harris will win the popular vote by a couple of million votes, Trump will win the electoral college.

It's democracy Jim, but not as we know it.

Then there will be Vance...

I think Harris will walk it.

But...I did speak with my dad earlier who'd just come off the phone with two old friends who live in Florida, the man is a highly educated finance type guy, he's 100% behind Trump, likes the idea that he's not wasting US cash on foreign countries. His position is a bit Brexity, yet his wife is Dutch and they lived in the UK for 30 years, so you'd think he'd know how that's panning out for the UK, but apparently not.

So when there's people who have been very successful in life and who are generally fairly rational who support Trump, who fucking knows?

Back
Top Bottom