Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will be the next Labour leader?

Who will replace Corbyn?

• Total voters
I think Starmer will have to offer something to Nandy and Long-Bailey but can't see it being anything big. Maybe Environment for RLB - connects with the green new deal - but basically minor.

Abbott obviously gone. Maybe Cooper at Home? There's been some journalist chatter about that cunt Reeves coming back

EDIT: The names suggested rather illustrate where Starmer is on the political landscape.
Dodds - chancellor
Nandy - Home Secretary
Cooper - somewhere? Treasury?
Rlb - stays at business?
Miliband - transport

🤔

True... she has done shadow treasury stuff though.
People are saying cooper but wouldn’t she be a bit too... divisive?
If Starmer were feeling secure enough to re-introduce Cooper, the obvious role would be Home Sec, no?
Can't see that going to Nandy. He's more likely to give her some bullshit role like Communities or summat. Maybe he'll even feel like doing a Johnson:Hunt move and freeze out the losers?

If Starmer were feeling secure enough to re-introduce Cooper, the obvious role would be Home Sec, no?
Can't see that going to Nandy. He's more likely to give her some bullshit role like Communities or summat. Maybe he'll even feel like doing a Johnson:Hunt move and freeze out the losers?
Why do you think nandy won’t be shadow Home Secretary? I think she’d be good? I reckon she’ll get a decent shadow cabinet position anyway. RLB (hopefully?) won’t.

Why do you think nandy won’t be shadow Home Secretary? I think she’d be good? I reckon she’ll get a decent shadow cabinet position anyway. RLB (hopefully?) won’t.
She's had minor roles in Charity & Energy and major roles in treachery. What signals her as a good HS?

i can see Keeley staying on in her role. Who else would do it?

Marsha De-Cordova might stay on as shadow disability minister. From all I’ve seen she’s a good advocate on her brief, but also politically naive. I would imagine her links to corbyn/RLB wouldn’t appeal to starmer

Thoughts treelover?

Cooper could be problematic in terms of within the party given her unrelenting hostility towards Corbyn and her links to the ancient regime, but she would be almost embarrassingly effective against the half-wit Patel - and while Labour does need to do long term stuff within the party and on the ground, it also needs to improve its morale in parliament and to get decent headlines in the media, a strong performer like Cooper would at least provide some easy, quick wins.

upsides and downsides, as with most things...

Cooper could be problematic in terms of within the party given her unrelenting hostility towards Corbyn and her links to the ancient regime, but she would be almost embarrassingly effective against the half-wit Patel - and while Labour does need to do long term stuff within the party and on the ground, it also needs to improve its morale in parliament and to get decent headlines in the media, a strong performer like Cooper would at least provide some easy, quick wins.

upsides and downsides, as with most things...

Wasn’t that one of starmers apparent selling points? He’d (allegedly) be the best to effectively challenge from opposition, within parliament?

When was the last time nandy seemed persuaded by glassman? When she signed the LGBT pledge? Or when the hip young students from JLM fell in love with her?
Yeah, probably never, eh?
Just a coincidence that BL folk are leading her campaign.

Yeah, probably never, eh?
Just a coincidence that BL folk are leading her campaign.

Who said never? And who said that she has no links with blue labour.

She’s shifted culturally away from Glassman and BL (hence the point about the pledges, and her appeal to very non-blue labour groups).

Was she ever in line with Glassmans (crap) views on the NHS/social security?

For someone that prides themselves in focussing on the argument, yours is a strange post.

The students are with Nandy (or Starmer to a lesser extent).

Don’t think it was Glassman’s oeuvre which persuaded them

Who said never? And who said that she has no links with blue labour.

She’s shifted culturally away from Glassman and BL (hence the point about the pledges, and her appeal to very non-blue labour groups).

Was she ever in line with Glassmans (crap) views on the NHS/social security?

For someone that prides themselves in focussing on the argument, yours is a strange post.
I accept that it's difficult to discern Nandy's ideological positions from her public utterances during the Leadership campaign; her views can change with the hour and frequently offer contradictory positions.
What is known is that she has been (& is) close to some key people from the BL orbit, and they are not leading her campaign without good cause.

I accept that it's difficult to discern Nandy's ideological positions from her public utterances during the Leadership campaign; her views can change with the hour and frequently offer contradictory positions.
What is known is that she has been (& is) close to some key people from the BL orbit, and they are not leading her campaign without good cause.

Who are those from the BL orbit leading her campaign?

"a load"?
Maybe they're not so good at politics?

Who, JLM? No, of course they’re not (or at least not in anything beyond (correctly) taking labour antisemitism seriously) What’s your point?

You insinuated that fakeplasticgirl interest in Nandy was Nandy’s links with glassman/BL.

Back
Top Bottom