Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Nobody ever says ‘I tried burglary once’ or ‘I did a stabbing once but it didn’t do anything for me’. Maybe crooks are missing a valid line of defence here.

'Yes, I was the Peterborough Poisoner but everyone is entitled to a private life before becoming an MP'

What illegal drugs have the Tory leadership contenders taken?

_107306021_mirror.jpg

Let's see how many of them demand "more stop and search" to deal with drugs-related crimes.

Here is who did what, from the Guardian:

Boris Johnson
Appearing on Have I Got News For You in 2005, Johnson said: “I think I was once given cocaine, but I sneezed and so it did not go up my nose. In fact, I may have been doing icing sugar.”
However, in a GQ interview in 2007, the Tory leadership frontrunner admitted to trying cocaine and cannabis at university, saying it “achieved no pharmacological, psychotropic or any other effect on me whatsoever”.

Jeremy Hunt
The foreign secretary told the Times: “I think I had a cannabis lassi when I went backpacking through India”. He added: “That is almost as naughty as wheat fields,” referring to Theresa May’s widely ridiculed answer when she was asked about the naughtiest thing she’s ever done.

Andrea Leadsom
Responding to the revelations of Gove’s drug-taking, Leadsom said she had smoked cannabis at university, but had never done it since. “I have never taken cocaine or class A drugs,” she said, adding: “Everyone is entitled to a private life before becoming an MP.”

Dominic Raab
Raab, who had already admitted taking cannabis as a student, said: “At university, I tried cannabis, not very often as I was into sport. It was a mistake, particularly the more I know now about the link between it and mental health issues.
“But it was a long time ago and was particularly few and far between and I have never taken cocaine or any class A drugs.”

Sajid Javid
Javid said he had never taken “any soft or hard drugs”. He told Sky: “Anyone that takes class A drugs needs to think about that supply chain that comes, let’s say, from Colombia to Chelsea, and the number of lives that are destroyed along the way.”

Rory Stewart
Stewart told the Telegraph last week he had smoked opium in Afghanistan at a wedding. “I was invited into the house, the opium pipe was passed around at a wedding,” he said, adding that the family may have been so poor that they put very little opium into the pipe.

Matt Hancock
A source close to Hancock told the Telegraph he had “tried cannabis a few times as a student but has not taken any illicit drugs since”.

Esther McVey
McVey told ITV she had never taken any class A drugs. “I have never taken any class A drugs, but have I tried some pot? Yes I have. When I was much younger.”

Mark Harper
The former chief whip said had not taken “drugs or any illegal substances”, but added he did think it was fair for candidates to be the next prime minister to answer questions about any past illegal activity.

Sam Gyimah
The former universities minister has denied taking any drugs. “Lots of calls from journos today on personal drug use,” he tweeted. “Not my vice, never has been.”

All this 'I dabbled, I tried it once, it had no effect and so on' doesn't tally with my experience. Either people did smoke dope, quite a lot, or they didn't, at all. Andrea Leadsom studied Political Science at Warwick in the early 80s. I should think dope was not unusual. At least she had the sense to say that she smoked cannabis at university and none of the hedging about not inhaling or any such bollocks.

how the fuck did all these people who are all roughly tail end of 40's not manage to come across MDMA in the early 90s?

I'm sure that we can all agree on how sympathetic we feel about McVey's launch being trashed by the ranting Francois lookalikee

I'm sure that we can all agree on how sympathetic we feel about McVey's launch being trashed by the ranting Francois lookalikee

I wonder what will be the first thing she enacts, if by chance, (I truly hope not) McVey gets the job?

Apparently there's no truth to the rumours that the Conservatives are to adopt Cocaine Blues as their party theme tune

Back
Top Bottom