Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's Your Current View?

The view from my bedroom windowView attachment 433917
I love both the view and your collection of paperweights! I used to be fascinated by these when I was younger - I seem to recall them being very popular and widely available in department stores in the '80s - I'd go in and look at them all on display and I love the fact you have a display of them :)

I love both the view and your collection of paperweights! I used to be fascinated by these when I was younger - I seem to recall them being very popular and widely available in department stores in the '80s - I'd go in and look at them all on display and I love the fact you have a display of them :)
Thank you! I had a thing about paperweights a few years ago and I was always looking on eBay to see if there were any I didn't have that I could bid for. In the end I ran out of space to display them!

I thought I recognised the view in the picture you posted up thread as it's more or less the same one that I see from my garden.

Are you in Laugharne? Please don't feel you have to answer if you'd rather not say.
Yep. Not a Laugharnie, but definitely a resident. Man and, er, slightly-younger man.

Which probably outs me - you'd only have to come to Laugharne and say "Who's the bloke who's just moved to the house on the hill?", and they'd probably furnish you with far too many details :D

Are we neighbours, then? :eek: :D

Yep. Not a Laugharnie, but definitely a resident. Man and, er, slightly-younger man.

Which probably outs me - you'd only have to come to Laugharne and say "Who's the bloke who's just moved to the house on the hill?", and they'd probably furnish you with far too many details :D

Are we neighbours, then? :eek: :D
Not quite neighbours but I use to be down in Laugharne 2 or 3 times a week as I went riding at the stables in Horsepool Road.

I actually live in Llansteffan so I'm the next bay along to you.

I stayed for a week in a cottage on Horsepool Road a couple of years ago. :)
Small world! I hope you enjoyed your stay there.

Laugharne is a Mecca for America tourists in the summer because of the Dylan Thomas thing and when I was helping out at the stables we would get some coming for a ride. Trouble is, a lot of them thought they were John Wayne and the horses just use to look at them as if they were stupid!

Small world! I hope you enjoyed your stay there.

Laugharne is a Mecca for America tourists in the summer because of the Dylan Thomas thing and when I was helping out at the stables we would get some coming for a ride. Trouble is, a lot of them thought they were John Wayne and the horses just use to look at them as if they were stupid!
Going back a few years, the proprietor at Brown's Hotel had a nice line in "as used by Dylan Thomas" dartboards that he'd sell to credulous American tourists.

Going back a few years, the proprietor at Brown's Hotel had a nice line in "as used by Dylan Thomas" dartboards that he'd sell to credulous American tourists.
Oh I was going to mention that as it was a well known scam amount the locals at the time.

You'd have one happy American tourist going back to his hotel with his Dylan's dartboard and an even happier landlord with a few hundred quid in his pocket! As soon as they were out of the way he'd go and get another dartboard out of the storage room as he was buying them up at car boot sales.

We don't even know if Dylan actually played darts!

Back
Top Bottom