Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seafood lasagne with fresh salad and pineapple upside down cake.

All my favourites and no-one else here likes it, which is ok because it's my 50th and no-one will be home.

You just can't handle losing an important debate, that's your problem.

:D

mmm nom, this curry is smelling rather delish...still only halfway through, but my god, the aroma from the mixture of the cardamom, fennel seeds, and fenugreek is divine

see, now i want to know what's in the hot stew, and what fish :D

I've never been able to recreate the hot stew at home :mad: I think it's one of those recipes passed on :hmm:

I know it's got the usual - tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, onions and seasoning but it's got sometime else i dont know that gives it the distinctive taste...it's also got a mind blowing and bottom of the belly hurting hot hot hot taste :cool: but quite nice if u can handle it

Fish - tilapia

I've never been able to recreate the hot stew at home :mad: I think it's one of those recipes passed on :hmm:

I know it's got the usual - tomatoes, scotch bonnet peppers, onions and seasoning but it's got sometime else i dont know that gives it the distinctive taste...it's also got a mind blowing and bottom of the belly hurting hot hot hot taste :cool: but quite nice if u can handle it

Fish - tilapia

rarrrr :cool::cool:

i'm gonna make something like that out of my tomatoes and scotch bonnets (if the SBs ever actually fruit)

oo, what's tilapia like then?

rarrrr :cool::cool:

i'm gonna make something like that out of my tomatoes and scotch bonnets (if the SBs ever actually fruit)

oo, what's tilapia like then?

i'm crap posting pics but here goes

Tilapia%20in%20Round%20003.JPG

very nice stewed or fried nom nom :)

i was more after the consistency of the flesh, and if it has a strong/mild taste, and is it boney tbh - i'd already seen pics of them cos googled it after you posted it :D

e2a - ah, if you're stewing it, i guess it's quite a meaty fish that holds its shape well?

i was more after the consistency of the flesh, and if it has a strong/mild taste, and is it boney tbh - i'd already seen pics of them cos googled it after you posted it :D

e2a - ah, if you're stewing it, i guess it's quite a meaty fish that holds its shape well?

hehehe!

yup quite meaty but light, firmer if fried of course but only needs light frying

i always season it with lots of dried grounded scotch peppers and salt and then fry very slightly...tis tasty...oh i want more now...ur fault :D

oh i have some left in the fridge...it'll go nicely with my glass of red :cool:

hehehe!

yup quite meaty but light, firmer if fried of course but only needs light frying

i always season it with lots of dried grounded scotch peppers and salt and then fry very slightly...tis tasty...oh i want more now...ur fault :D

oh i have some left in the fridge...it'll go nicely with my glass of red :cool:

:D lovin the train of thought there :D

rarrrr....scotch bonnet. can't fucking WAIT til mine grow!

ah well, i've had to crack open a bottle of pinot grigio now that i'm HAVING to wait for the spuds to finally cook :D

:D lovin the train of thought there

rarrrr....scotch bonnet. can't fucking WAIT til mine grow!

ah well, i've had to crack open a bottle of pinot grigio now that i'm HAVING to wait for the spuds to finally cook :D

my scotch bonnet never make it :( i've been very crap this season...no tomatoes, no peppers but got some peas and strawberries :)

i'm on more red and fish ... cheers ;)

ooh if i may... :)

this is fucking LUSH :cool:

SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY ( ALOO PALAK )

• Spinach 1 bunch
• 2 potatoes
• 1 Onion cut into small pieces
• 3-4 garlic pods
• Small piece of ginger
• 3-4 green chilies
• ½ tsp red chili powder
• 1tsp of coriander powder, cumin powder
• 1tsp of garam masala
• 1tsp of cumin and turmeric
• Salt to taste

In a pan, add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, onions with tsp of oil and sauté them. Add the spinach and cook them. Turn off the heat. After it cools down run into a mixer or a blender.

Boil the potatoes and cut into cubes. Add turmeric, salt and mix them.

Take 1tsp of oil in a pan and sauté the cumin seeds. Once the cumin splutters add the spinach paste and let it boil for few minutes.

Now add the boiled potatoes, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt for taste. Add water only if it is needed.

Cook for 5-10 mins covered until the potato absorbs the flavor.
Serve hot with chapattis.

^^ as it was c+p'd, so garlic pods would actually be cloves, etc:D

oh, and blended spinach looks like dayglo cow shit :D quite amazing colour

this is fucking LUSH :cool:

SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY ( ALOO PALAK )

• Spinach 1 bunch
• 2 potatoes
• 1 Onion cut into small pieces
• 3-4 garlic pods
• Small piece of ginger
• 3-4 green chilies
• ½ tsp red chili powder
• 1tsp of coriander powder, cumin powder
• 1tsp of garam masala
• 1tsp of cumin and turmeric
• Salt to taste

In a pan, add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, onions with tsp of oil and sauté them. Add the spinach and cook them. Turn off the heat. After it cools down run into a mixer or a blender.

Boil the potatoes and cut into cubes. Add turmeric, salt and mix them.

Take 1tsp of oil in a pan and sauté the cumin seeds. Once the cumin splutters add the spinach paste and let it boil for few minutes.

Now add the boiled potatoes, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt for taste. Add water only if it is needed.

Cook for 5-10 mins covered until the potato absorbs the flavor.
Serve hot with chapattis.

^^ as it was c+p'd, so garlic pods would actually be cloves, etc:D

oh, and blended spinach looks like dayglo cow shit :D quite amazing colour

I love spinach almost as much as ddraig :D

looks simple and quick

ta

SBx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom