Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macaroni cheese tonight.

Quick poll: do you expect breadcrumbs on top of macaroni cheese?
No, I would not expect breadcrumbs on top of my macaroni cheese.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna have beef chilli/rice or macaron cheese :hmm: shall decide after I have a bifta.

Hmm, I think I might have used too much spinach. Plus, I've never blended it before - it now resembles dayglo cow shit :D Tastes good though, so far

Making some dhal now, thought whatever we don't eat I'll have tomorrow. If I haven't farted myself into another existence by then

The macaroni cheese was well nice. I used a combination of Sojourner's recipe and a BBC one and my own brain. Soj, do you mind if I put it on the blog?

This is how it turned out:

2714300313_9c9f513979.jpg

And a bonus picture for no reason:

2715112588_125c85fff4.jpg

Yeah, not bad for a first attempt. I can't believe I've never made macaroni cheese before.

The sheep were actually just happily watching cricket:

2714295099_2b2164d057.jpg

But the The Hogster came along exposed himself :(

(((sheeps)))

I'm gonna make some soup.....them of the week....

Not sure what though could have leek and onion, could make roasted pepper or could make pea and ham ( pancetta ) ...not sure what yet though will be luverrrly ( I hope ):)

EITHER: stuffed pasta things with olive oil and lots of salt and pepper OR: butter bean "houmous" with nice bread.

Going to meet some friends in the park so bulghur wheat with roast veg, spring onions, tomatoes, mackeral, grilled haloumi and loads of coriander...probably accompanied by a few beers... :hmm:

Two minted lamb burgers (4 for £2 in Tesco atm) in cheese-topped baps , potato salad and various other salad-y bits and bobs.

I've got some hoummous that wants eating up, too, but I can't really see that going with the rest. I might have it for, um, 'dessert'.

i was going to do harrisa marinated chicken kebabs with onion but as we have no skewers i'll have to improvise!
i'll do the ainsley harriott cous cous i got free and the last sorry looking pitta in the freezer too.
:)

mmm... haven't been paid food :D

I'm cooking for myself. I've got a sirloin steak, new season girolle mushrooms, peas, leaks and spinach and a peppercorn sauce. Awesome.

The peppercorn sauce is fresh from a tub and the greens are a pre-prepared pack :D

I love cooking for myself.

No time for cooking because I'm going out so I had spaghetti with a bit of olive oil, herbs and parmesan. It was quite good actually.

I am going to have some ice cream or popcorn for dessert at the flicks. :cool:

Yep you should deffo feel the :oops: bout Mamma Mia!

I had penne pasta with a tomato and garlic sauce from a jar and a plentiful portion of salady things. Had to be quick as going to a gig. Pudding will be a pint of cider....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom