Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hush you :mad:

You should do the chickpea and chorizo chunky soup. Mop it up with a big hunk of bread. You'll thank yourself.

:p

I had chorizo last night though...think 2 nights on the trot is too much smoky salt for anyone, don't you? Although, if the fennel is on the turn, I may have no choice

yum! add some beans and it'll be even yummier :D

*parp!*

hey, I have beans n all! right, plan a - poached eggs on toast (3 of them cos I'm a greedy bastard) with beans, or plan b) if fennel on turn, chunky chickpea soup :cool:

god I'm glad I sorted that out!!! :cool: phew

Vegetable crumble, boiled new potatoes in butter and chives & steamed asparagus which I should have cooked last night.

Oven food, probably - breadcrumbed fish and oven chips, avec peas. Off to bookclub in a minute so fending for myself when I get home :)

Oops - I put the chilli flakes in, went to answer the phone, put the chilli flakes in.... my mouth is an inferno! :D

I could tell them it's chicken...............

:hmm:

Try giving it them with taco shells/wraps to fill, nice and messy with laods of bits to stick on top...fun to do and tasty :)

I never had anything last night and having been sick for most of the day am putting the salmon fillet in the freezer and eggs in't bin as they are on their last use by date and my belly is not on form at the moment so I'm giving eating a rest today. I'll be fucking ravenous tomorrow (i hope!)

Good work fella. You've reminded me to take the big bag of frozen chilli out of the freezer.

You use anything special to make yours a winner?
I used bacon and pancetta as well as mince, thickened and reduced the tomato sauce before putting it in with everything else. I also threw a cinnamon stick, bay leaves, brown sugar, half a jar of jalepenos and a shit load of hot chili powder in to season it and stewed it on the hob for one and a half hours.

This:

ris03.jpg

Green risotto. With spinach, garden peas, broad beans, asparagus and mint. And stingin nettles

Try giving it them with taco shells/wraps to fill, nice and messy with laods of bits to stick on top...fun to do and tasty :)

That sounds like a great idea ScallyWag, I think I'll make a mildish one for them to start with and get some taco shells and see what they think of that. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom