Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. I've got a salmon fillet in the fridge so might have that baked in a foil parcel with white wine, garlic, corriander and lemon juice and corriander mash. Or omlette. Or veggy bangers and mash with gravy. See what I fancy later.

We're having a chicken stir fry when I've finished doing the lawns. :cool:

And I've got a spag bol on the go for tomorrow night! Get me, Mrs Organised! :eek:

Sausages it is then, not sure what with but they have to be eaten.

Long live the Giggly Pig :)

i was going to be cooking chilli for me and the teenager, but i might just get myself a kebab on the way home and let her go hungry :)

I've got some (happy, farmer's market) veal escalopes so I'll quick-fry them and make a sauce from the chicken stock from the weekend with some creme fraiche and brandy. Boiled new potatoes, peas and spinach.

I have no idea at the moment...

Should have got the venison and mushroom pie out of the freezer but forgot this morning. I am sure that I can rustle something up or possibly will pop to the shop at lunch.

I do have some goats cheese at home so much pick up a salad or something.

I've just discovered how fantastic (and cheap) lentil and pasta mix is!!!

I last night made Vegetable Stroganoff from this:

- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- garlic/tomato puree/paprika
- tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g morrisons lentil+pasta mix
- 100g chopped mushrooms
- 1Lt chicken stock

So easy: chop onion/garlic and fry in oil for 2 mins, add tomato puree/paprika for another 2 mins, add mushrooms, then add pepper/chopped tomatoes - cook a little bit more, then add the lentil+pasta mix and the chicken stock.

Bring to the boil, then simmer for 50 mins. Brilliant and easy. And healthy. And cheap, probably cost about £1.50 to feed four.

well last night was quite lovely - seared salmon fillet with linguine in a creamy capery somethingy sauce, with wilted spinach and a rocket salad. and 'pan fried' (god i loathe that phrase - i mean, what else you gonna fry the fucker in, a colander??) chorizo on a bed of rocket with garlic mayo to start. And 2 pints of stella, half a bottle of red, plus two brandies :oops:

not really sure for tonight. maybe chips, pie, peas and gravy though

Got some stock made from the carcass of yesterdays chicken and loads of meat leftover, plus spring onions, broccoli, mange tout, mushrooms and coriander, so it can only be a nice noodle soup! :D

Quick and easy too, which is important seeing as how I'm meant to be doing the glossing in the hall.... :hmm:

I don't want chips and pie now

But I don't have many options - have chorizo and cannellini beans, but no peppers...have fennel and chickpeas, but no pancetta. Am wondering if I could make that chunky chickpea soup with chorizo instead of pancetta. I probably could and in fact, should, but I'm not sure I feel like that either :(

oh cooky mojo, where have you gone? :(

Hush you :mad:

You should do the chickpea and chorizo chunky soup. Mop it up with a big hunk of bread. You'll thank yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom