Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot my sandwich for work today so I'm going to eat that shortly and then maybe some homemade soup when I get from yoga.

Beef and pork lasgna made with slices of polenta in place of the pasta. Green salad. Beer for me; bargain-bin Valpolicella for the other half.

fish and chops shared between me and madge

had hectic, hard work of a day and could not be arsed to cook

Madge said she wanted the chops though! :( :mad:

We've got grilled salmon with roast veg and broccolli for me and noodles and broccoli for the babbies.

Was going to do it on the bbq again, but although it's gloriously sunny, it's also FUCKIN WINDY out there today, so I think not! :eek:

Chilli all week, then bangers & mash last night and leftover birthday cake. Probably falafal tonight after reading that other thread.

the meatballs last night were a triumph and have been instructed to make them again as often as i like :)

tonight we are having chicken stuffed with dolcelatte, wraped in parma ham with potato and apple mash. and possibly some green beans too.

King prawn farming is very bad for the environment. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/4270657.stm

I hope you're all eating responsibly farmed prawns. :hmm:

Where is the best location to get them from, so I can check the packets next time I buy?

We're on either chilli or spag bol tonight - I've helpfully left out the ingredients for both for the horde to choose what they're going to cook. They won't know they're cooking tonight until they read my note though :)

the meatballs last night were a triumph and have been instructed to make them again as often as i like :)

tonight we are having chicken stuffed with dolcelatte, wraped in parma ham with potato and apple mash. and possibly some green beans too.

How did you make them?

Where is the best location to get them from, so I can check the packets next time I buy?

We're on either chilli or spag bol tonight - I've helpfully left out the ingredients for both for the horde to choose what they're going to cook. They won't know they're cooking tonight until they read my note though :)

Ooh, clever. :)

Make sure they're not from Brazil, Indonesia or Bangladesh, and that they're not trawler-fished.

This website provides a helpful link to the Environmental Justice Foundation's consumer's guide to prawns : http://www.newconsumer.com/news/item/ejf_urges_consumers_to_shell_out_more_for_ethical_prawns/

Cold water prawns are better than those from warm-water, where mangrove forests are destroyed to farm them. Tiger prawns are particularly bad, and never buy trawler-fished prawns, which result in bycatch of dolphins, local stock depletion and juvanile fish (says the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/features/228what.shtml )

Stocks from from the North Sea are best.

I'm working on cleaning out the tattered remains of what's in the root celler and getting the over-wintered veg out of the garden so I can cultivate on the weekend.

Ergo: "Jigg's Dinner", a Newfoundland stew involving smoked pork chops, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, leeks and turnip. Basically what Brits would call a "boiled supper", I think.

And the ubiquitous green salad, natch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom