Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a pasta ready meal from Sainsburys. I have to say I'm not terribly excited about it. :( And I was invited to a friends for a chinese but I've got all the ironing to do so had to turn it down. :mad:

you have your priorities wrong woman, go to your friends :)

I'm going to order something I think :oops:

The kids are having pizza, wedges and garlic bread and me and Mr Madz are having yellow split pea dahl based on the recipe by Xanadu's mum and naan bread :cool:

eta - the 12 yr old has come over all gordon ramsay and made some fucking lush chocolate chip fairy cakes for pudding.

we just had shed loads of tea and toast (with jam) as we had a big beef and apricot stew with mash potato for lunch :cool:

Had Roast chicken with jerk seasoned rice and peas, coleslaw, salad and lashings of wine. Still hungry so might do some toast bothering later on.

Some kind of macaroni concoction. Not very appealing tbh but I can't taste anything so it doesn't really matter! I'll just chew

The chicken+pasta thing last night was pretty good considering I don't know what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to cooking meat. Marinated some chicken chunks in garlic and basil and olive oil while I roasted a big tray full of tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, red onions and more garlic, all covered in oil, balsamic vinegar, s+p and herbs. Then chucked all the roast veg in a pan to make a sort of chunky sauce, fried the chicken bits quickly and chucked those in as well. Served over penne, it was tasty! Without the meat it would have been very sweet and rich, but the chicken gave it a nice savoury edge.

I'm doing a big roast tonight - if it's going to be batten-down-the-hatches weather it seems only fair to eat a ridiculously stodgy meal.

last nite we had king crab sushi rolls, spicy tuna rolls, spider rolls with whole soft shell crab (i didn't like that one cause the legs were sticking out and shit)....then i also had spicy new orleans gumbo ya ya with andouile sausage and chicken and rice in it :)

also had a few 14 year old Oban scotches which i shouldn't have had in retrospect :)

my honey is making me eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast for brunch in an hour or two, mmm

Roast pork, roast spuds, yorkies, swede, carrots, brocolli, apple crumble.

I'll be glad when it's summer :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom