Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very tired yesterday when I went shopping to Waitrose and could not think what to buy. I wanted to buy veg to make a soup but even that beyond me. Laters Im having a Waitrose curry box that has 4 hand prepared black eyed bean tikkiis flavoured with royal black cumin served with a mixed veg stir fry and spinach dal. Also comes with a coriander dip and I shall make a little mound of basmati rice.

I may be able to make tomato soup too.

Just want to report that this a huge disappointment and thouroghly without any flavour and I realised that I had bought it before and thought the same. I am actually intending to write to Waitrose to inform them of this. £3.99 it was. I ended leaving half of it and having a bag of crisps...:mad:

Just want to report that this a huge disappointment and thouroghly without any flavour and I realised that I had bought it before and thought the same. I am actually intending to write to Waitrose to inform them of this. £3.99 it was. I ended leaving half of it and having a bag of crisps...:mad:
I am suprised... usually their stuff is fab :(

We are having roast chicken, mash and salad. Our first meal all weekend as we have all been ill since Mr V made us brek in bed Fri morning and didnt cook the sausages properly.

Needless to say, its been a very disappointing weekend. :(

I am suprised... usually their stuff is fab :(

We are having roast chicken, mash and salad. Our first meal all weekend as we have all been ill since Mr V made us brek in bed Fri morning and didnt cook the sausages properly.

Needless to say, its been a very disappointing weekend. :(

Oh no! Poor v family.:(

We are having chicken, chips and beans. It's the first time Magic Sam has cooked since tuesday and we are eating crap.:rolleyes: I was going to do chicken with new potatoes and lots of lovely veg but he wanted chips. They're not even proper chips, they're oven fries. :mad:

A delicious homemade Fish Pie with salmon, cod, smoked kippers and prawns, topped with lemon zested mash.

soooooo glad we have 4 porions between the two of us!
:D

Some fresh pasta tonight I think.

Went to the farmers market on Saturday at Kennington church so am stocked up on The Giggly Pig Company sausages, plus some cheese and eggs so have some nice meals ahead this week.

Already hungry and it is only 9am in the morning :rolleyes:

Some fresh pasta tonight I think.

Went to the farmers market on Saturday at Kennington church so am stocked up on The Giggly Pig Company sausages, plus some cheese and eggs so have some nice meals ahead this week.

Already hungry and it is only 9am in the morning :rolleyes:

oooh let me know what they are like, i keep meaning to try some of them.what else did you get? anything scrummy?
i havent been for quite a few weeks due to sheer laziness :oops::rolleyes:

oooh let me know what they are like, i keep meaning to try some of them.what else did you get? anything scrummy?
i havent been for quite a few weeks due to sheer laziness :oops::rolleyes:

I have been getting their sausages regularly for a few months now and they are always good. Normally they charge £10 for 4 packs which is a fair price.

This week I picked up:

2 x Herby chipolatas
1 x Lime and sweet chilli
1 x Something else nice that I can't recall

:D

I'm knackered (woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep :eek: :( :mad: ) so I'm going to get a Chinese - chicken and sweetcorn soup, wonton soup, a spring roll and mixed meat on crispy noodles to share between us. :cool:

We're having the remains of last night's curry for a starter followed by a spiced carrot and lentil soup to give us health after our massive bender of a weekend :D

bees is cooking tonight cos I still feel rubbish :( so we're having fajitas (lazy style straight from the packet) with re-fried beans, and some guacamole (for me, he hates it), cheese and stuff :cool:

lush

though I'm really hungry today, a mixture of sugar crash from yesterday and still feeling fucking shit :(

Im making a hot and sweet curry. Includes chick peas, courgettes, aubergine and spinach. Serving it with rice and maybe a pitta bread. I have made it once before and it totally rocks...:)

some kind of cauliflower curry, with whatever other veggies are lying around I'd imagine :)

not very inspired, but probably very yum!

Omelette. :cool: I've started to make them as follows.

Slice 1 tomatoe, then marinade for about an hour with oil/vinegar etc..
6 eggs
1/2 or whole red onion
3 cheese (mexicana/applewood/cheddar in ours)

Fry the onions with black pepper and a little cumin, in with the beaten eggs, before getting to proper nicely browned addd the tomatoe slices and then cover with cheese before folding to seal the toppings in.

Lovely. Eaten with hot pepper sauce.

i have a haircut appt. at 6:30 so I may go next door to this restaurant and pick up some food after me hair is cut. they have all sorts of stuff so I don't know what to get. maybe a buffalo chicken sandwich with cole slaw and pommes frites or maybe i'll get a 12oz cajun sirloin steak with mash and asparagus.

or maybe teh chicken piccatta or half-slab of bbq ribs?

I had leftover carrot and jerusalem artichoke soup and a toasted sandwich with roast beef, pickled cucumbers and mustard. Not terrible exciting. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom