Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs is currently rustling up a chana dish, shall accompany it with rice and cod and rustic bread. smells lovely thus far.

to drink, mostly still pear water. :cool:

Steak and kidney pie with hash-browns and tinned green beans washed down with a mug of tea.

Jam on toast and a cup of hot chocolate to follow.

Yum!

:)

longdog said:
Steak and kidney pie with hash-browns and tinned green beans washed down with a mug of tea.

Jam on toast and a cup of hot chocolate to follow.

Yum!

:)
tuts @ longdog - you shouldn't drink tea with your food, it inhibits iron absorption

I went with pizza, we have no takeaway menus so I just called the only takeaway number I recognised in my call history and turns out they only do pizza

Odd conversation, first I had to ask them what food they do, then when they asked for my postcode I had to explain that I didn't know it :oops:

Tandori turkey thigh and pea and potato curry with brown rice, Ive made loads,and it will taste even better tomorrow:D

I went out..and had chili and lemon grass tiger prawns with couscous and a coriander salad,a fillet mignon with congac sauce and potato dolphinois and an apple and apricot tart tartin with vanilla pod ice cream..washed down with 2 bottles of red plonk and a large port for afters :D

Needless to say im suitably stuffed :)

Not sure yet....
Getting to the end of the month so the cupboard is fairly bare and what is there is basic at best.

Will be something quick and simple I think..
Possibly beans on toast with grated cheese :)

I'm very tempted to do the same thing as last night as it was so utterly divine - but instead I'm going to make a spaghetti carbonara with pancetta and mushrooms

Some kind of post-Lambeth Show recovery programme needed - 2 days of Chucklehead and take-outs takes it's toll.
A plate of steamed vegetables might do it.

yeah filling and stodgy needed here too :(

I have cold toes, cold nose and I'm so tired :(

I've got some lovely steaks from the butcher......what should I do with them?

I'm thinking cook them. But then what? Peppercorn sauce and the predictable new potatoes and veg? Or pub crap stylee with chips, onions, mushrooms and half a tomato?

Anyone know anything more interesting but still nice to do with steak?

Yetman said:
I've got some lovely steaks from the butcher......what should I do with them?

I'm thinking cook them. But then what? Peppercorn sauce and the predictable new potatoes and veg? Or pub crap stylee with chips, onions, mushrooms and half a tomato?

Anyone know anything more interesting but still nice to do with steak?
Griddle them - no sauce, a good steak doesn't need anything extra imo

Serve with potato salad - done with baby spuds, mayo, paprika and chopped chives

Plus a green salad

Simple yet perfect :cool:

sojourner said:
Griddle them - no sauce, a good steak doesn't need anything extra imo

Serve with potato salad - done with baby spuds, mayo, paprika and chopped chives

Plus a green salad

Simple yet perfect :cool:

You are great - I've got a griddle, I havent got any sauce, I've got some pre made potato salad AND I've got potatoes, mayo, paprika I BOUGHT ON A WHIM LAST NIGHT and my own chives growing in the garden :D :D

Its too much of a co-incidence that you know all this for me to ignore it. Nice one Soj :)

Yetman said:
You are great - I've got a griddle, I havent got any sauce, I've got some pre made potato salad AND I've got potatoes, mayo, paprika I BOUGHT ON A WHIM LAST NIGHT and my own chives growing in the garden :D :D

Its too much of a co-incidence that you know all this for me to ignore it. Nice one Soj :)
:cool: hope you enjoy your tea yetty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom