Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still five days from pay day and have run out of money. tonight's dinner is two nan breads and half a pot of hot salsa dip :(

i'm in skintsville but have carrots, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, sweetcorn, peas (and a big pack of own brand bourbon biscuits), all for the princely sum of one fifty from morrisons.
add it to pasta and maybe chuck in some quorn mince and i'm laughing :)
note: the bourbons are to be eaten seperately and all in one sitting.

i would offer you some, bluey, but i don't think it'll travel the 180 miles too well :(

tufty79 said:
note: the bourbons are to be eaten seperately and all in one sitting.
I have belgian choccy cheesecake for later :cool:

Fucking skint, and fed up of eating cheap shite and this just leaped out at me from tesco shelves

e2a - to make sense!

I got some lovely biscuits from M & S today.

Redcurrant puffs - 99p for two packs.

They're nearly all gone. :oops: :(

Potato and fennel bake with mackerel. Although it might be midnight before it's ready.

eta: that potato and fennel thing was fucking gorgeous. It would probably have been even better if I'd remembered to put in the cream and an egg but then i might have died of pleasure :D

'They' had chile so I had some courgette and kidney beans and basil in a tomato sauce with rice :cool:

And I've just polished off a lovely slice of gooey choc fudge cake courtesy of the gorgeous Moomoo :)

I'm very excited cos I'm using what I've learnt from recipe books to come up with my own recipe. It's just a sausage casserole though.

Orang Utan said:
I'm very excited cos I'm using what I've learnt from recipe books to come up with my own recipe. It's just a sausage casserole though.
Sausage casserole is goood when done properly with good saussies though mate!

Alex B came back from the farmer's market with some wood pigeon breasts, so we're having them pan-fried with a red wine, juniper berry and sage sauce. I've never cooked wood pigeon before, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll probably do some potato dish with it.

I'm off down to Brixton market in a bit to get the ingredients for a thai Tom Yam soup which I'm gonna make with cuttlefish balls and bamboo shoot tips and lots and lots of hot chillis :)

sunflower said:
I'm off down to Brixton market in a bit to get the ingredients for a thai Tom Yam soup which I'm gonna make with cuttlefish balls and bamboo shoot tips and lots and lots of hot chillis :)
((((cuttlefish))))

I was gonna do a risotto, but thought about a meal I had in Glasgow not long ago, which uses the same ingredients bar the rice

It had borlotti beans, rosemary, pancetta, and garlic in it, with what seemed to be a hint of tomatoes and it was quite saucy, not dry. So I'm gonna fry up some finely chopped shallots,add fresh rosemary, and add chopped pancetta and fry that until done, chuck in some garlic and gently fry, then add some tomato puree. When it's to the consistency I like (might have to add a weeny bit of veg stock), I'll just mix it with some fusilli, or conchigli

sojourner said:
borlotti beans, rosemary, pancetta, and garlic in it, with what seemed to be a hint of tomatoes and it was quite saucy, not dry. So I'm gonna fry up some finely chopped shallots,add fresh rosemary, and add chopped pancetta and fry that until done, chuck in some garlic and gently fry, then add some tomato puree. When it's to the consistency I like (might have to add a weeny bit of veg stock), I'll just mix it with some fusilli, or conchigli
I added some stock, and also chucked in some quartered small tomatoes

Oh my god - this is LUSH :cool:

Just had roast lamb, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, brocolli and green beans.

Oh, and of course, homemade yorkshire puddings.

And an almond cake for pudding.

Yummy.

*Tuts at aqua* :rolleyes:

:p

Dunno yet..............

might just have a sandwich coz can't be arsed to cook !

(looks at smash in cupboard)

:(

Nooooo not Smash!

We got mice last year because no fucker would vacuum or clean and we found that the mice had eaten the plastic bag the Smash comes in but not touched the Smash itself

That alone should tell you to avoid the Smash

I've very rarely ever had it in the house tbh...............

got it in a moment of madness !

a lot of the time cooking gets on my tits !

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom