Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not sure but I have a wide range of aoices and herbs, a chicken that needs using plus all this rainbow chard. 20240706_161634.jpg
So anything I can do with it would be useful.

Not sure but I have a wide range of aoices and herbs, a chicken that needs using plus all this rainbow chard. View attachment 432263
So anything I can do with it would be useful.
Only just seen this, what did you do in the end?
I'd have suggested having the chicken with stir-fried garlicky greens and either potatoes or rice depending upon what you have available - interested to hear what you came up with though!

Only just seen this, what did you do in the end?
I'd have suggested having the chicken with stir-fried garlicky greens and either potatoes or rice depending upon what you have available - interested to hear what you came up with though!
That's pretty much what I came up with til I noticed we had 4 massive sweet potatoes (over 1kg/ a thick covering on a baking tray) to use so I sliced them all up as a trivet for the chicken which I turned a few times and chucked some sausages on later for extra fat to cook in on high while the chicken rested. Kid has done some pita bread type things with his, SO had a pizza served earlier to bed cos shes poorly and then a bowl of chicken as requested. Think I will do some sort of chicken pita with sweet potatoes and sausages in it then a few sauces, maybe BBQ/smokey/etc on one and garlicy mayo on with some cheese on the other.

Do have plans for the chard along the same lines but it got dark while I was playing games and I can't even see the things let alone start cooking them. Thats a project for tomorrow I think along with adding more lettuces and similar.

Lol I'm having half a chicken, sweet potatoes, sausages, pita, salad and various other things yet too be discovered.

Looking forward to it tho lol.
I think sometimes people on here are concerned when I say I'm skipping a meal, but often it's cos I ate it all in one go the night before because I am greedy :D

Black bean and mushroom chilli, brown rice, extra mature cheddar over the top, and a dollop of Skyr ont side.

Last piece of the orgasmic coffee and walnut cake. You KNOW you've had a piece of cake after this - it's like eating a brick of cake :D

N's night off, I made biriyanis - chicken for me, prawn for him.
Extremely happy with how they turned out.
Veggie (aubergine/courgette/red pepper) curry side dish.

I bought a fresh baguette yesterday afternoon and I am just eyeing it up with the intention of having some with butter and marmalade for late afters before I head to bed.

Back
Top Bottom