Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It's her indoors birthday so I expect we'll be getting a curry delivered. I'd suggest egg and chips but if we eat any more eggs this week we'll be egg bound.

Just looked that up and it seems to be different to what my mother described it as when I was a kid :) She said too many eggs bunged you up better'n a cork up the batty, but it seems its purely a chicken complaint.

Welsh lamb loin chops, sweet potato mash, some other veg and She Who Must Be Obeyed's gravy (I can't do gravy for some reason). Cabernet Merlot.

I can't do gravy either Ron, but my reason is idleness and the ease of gravy granules

I just have a mental block. Besides, I live with a fine woman who knows how to make Proper Gravy. I do most of the cooking anyway - I graciously let her in MY kitchen for the final flourish. She's allowed to open the wine, too ;)

*she'll kill me if she ever registers here and reads this*

I just have a mental block. Besides, I live with a fine woman who knows how to make Proper Gravy. I do most of the cooking anyway - I graciously let her in MY kitchen for the final flourish. She's allowed to open the wine, too ;)

*she'll kill me if she ever registers here and reads this*

hehe :D

My mum used to make amazing gravy, and I have a friend that does as well, but my major gripe is that there is never enough. I like LOTS of gravy. If my mate comes round and we make a roast, he gets this right scornful look on his face when I inevitably make a jug of extra gravy using the granules :D

hehe :D

My mum used to make amazing gravy, and I have a friend that does as well, but my major gripe is that there is never enough. I like LOTS of gravy. If my mate comes round and we make a roast, he gets this right scornful look on his face when I inevitably make a jug of extra gravy using the granules :D

She won't even let me have granules in the house :( She treats me so mean...

5010744021792_200.jpg

Piccini%20Chianti%20Reserva.jpg

Chargrilled tiger prawns with rocket salad and harissa mayonnaise.
Fillet of Gloucester Old Spot with Jersey Royals, Swiss chard, apricot, paprika paste and samphire.
Lime curd tart with apricot brulee.

My turn to cook again. :(

:p

Chargrilled tiger prawns with rocket salad and harissa mayonnaise.
Fillet of Gloucester Old Spot with Jersey Royals, Swiss chard, apricot, paprika paste and samphire.
Lime curd tart with apricot brulee.

My turn to cook again. :(

:p

I liked how you also had time to whip up some balsamic icecream with stawberries for my pudding :cool:

Gravy is a piece of piss - even I can do it :confused:

I don't know what's for tea tonight.

Again :(

I want someone to cook for me :mad:

Gravy is a piece of piss - even I can do it :confused:

Did you see my reason, Blind Girl Blue? IDLENESS :rolleyes:

Anyhow, if your gravy is a piece of piss, I'll be passing on that, thanks

Tonight I am making roast peppers, stuffed with goats cheese and black olives, which will be accompanied by mushroom and plain cous cous

And wine. Lots of lovely red wine of some sort or another :cool:

Did you see my reason, Blind Girl Blue? IDLENESS :rolleyes:

Anyhow, if your gravy is a piece of piss, I'll be passing on that, thanks

Tonight I am making roast peppers, stuffed with goats cheese and black olives, which will be accompanied by mushroom and plain cous cous

And wine. Lots of lovely red wine of some sort or another :cool:

I'm not sure I can be friends with someone who uses gravy granules :(

Ocado aren't coming until after 8 tonight, so it's a fridge-emptying dinner again. Roast chicken legs with salady things, including beetroot. Mmm. If we're eating when Ocado comes, then - after swearing - we will be on the Cono Sur Merlot Reserva.

There will be no gravy.

Back
Top Bottom