Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

12 hours in the office today so son had leftovers, daughter had a tin of soup and I had the sandwich I forgot to take to work when I left this morning. Planning a lamb biryani tomorrow though with some of the leftovers so at least got scrappy Monday nonsense out of the way!

I’m cooking for one.

A sirloin steak.

Hasslehoff potato with added garlic and shallot and butter.

A bit of asparagus. I know. But my teeth might not last till June 24.

I have peeled bramley apples and they are submerged in lemony water. I have no idea what I was thinking.

I could make a little apple pie. Son would like that.

Chilli with brown rice. I don't why I don't make the effort to cook brown rice more as I like it. It takes longer I guess, but I just stuck it on before I had a shower.

Also did some spring greens with chicken stock and miso poured on when in the wok. Huge amount cooked to almost nothing, certainly a good way to get greens in.

Chicago pizza tonight (deep pan bread-dough base then Cheese (vegan applewood), then toppings (spinach and mushrooms) then tomato sauce (chunky fresh tom sauce made in summer and frozen). Partner is making it as I’ve done my nails and they’ve got no chance of lasting if I don’t avoid cooking/washing up for 24hours 😂.
salad on the side plus roasted beetroot and fennel from allotment (roasted while ovens on for pizza)

Chilli with brown rice. I don't why I don't make the effort to cook brown rice more as I like it. It takes longer I guess, but I just stuck it on before I had a shower.

Also did some spring greens with chicken stock and miso poured on when in the wok. Huge amount cooked to almost nothing, certainly a good way to get greens in.
I LOVE brown rice. Didn't touch it for years cos had some stupid idea that it would be all husky and inedible. Clearly it's not. Only takes 20 mins anyway, not that much longer than white.

Back
Top Bottom