Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yes, although I used chickpeas instead (and veggie sausages obvs).

I like that particular recipe a lot because the sauce is lovely - rich flavour and good consistency, occasionally tweak it a bit - OH always has veggie sausages, cannellini beans or kidney beans also work really well instead of butter beans. Also sometimes add whatever veg needs using up.

I made an error in leaving the rest of the Yorkshire puddings on a cooling rack in the kitchen, I've been in there twice since and 2 of the Yorkshire puddings didn't survive me walking past them, at this rate there'll be none left to go in the freezer :oops:

I tried a different ratio for my Yorkshire batter this time and it worked really well - James Martin's granny's Yorkshire recipe, saw him doing it on telly recently.
It involves a lot more eggs than I'd usually use - came out lovely, will see how it stands up (literally!) in a toad situation next time.

Last edited:
Mental image of iona playing "whack-a-mole" in the polytunnel :D
That was this morning, managed to splat one outside with a bit of wood :thumbs: Tonight was just throwing stones and shouting to send a message. Bastards have fucked all the beans when they were nearly ready to be podded and finish drying indoors.

Took a pic of the tea I cooked tonight as a joke for the wife, who is an excellent cook and always posting pics of the meals she makes on social media. My effort a bit less wow, tofu diced and braised with mushrooms, potato slices, and cauliflower with tomato:
IMG_20231113_175649.jpg

Turkish (fingers crossed) we’re in Goole marina for El Jugs birthday, it’s the boatiest place on this canal and I wanted him to be able to wake up surrounded by big boats.
Every time we come here, a family crisis has kicked off and I’ve had to pck my bags and leave. Meaning we’ve never managed to get a Turkish meal delivered from the big restaurant in this town, that looks great, but we’ve never tried. Hopefully this time. 🤞

Fingers crossed for your Turkish pinkmonkey!

I think I'll be making a big coconut chicken curry, with cauliflower, butternut squash and chickpeas. Basmati rice.

I'm away midweek so the fridge needs meals for those left behind :D I've done a lentil soup and got chicken carcass stock bubbling away now for noodle soup. Hopefully there'll be some left when I get back!

Back
Top Bottom